FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Snow Performance Meth Injection Users???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Performance Meth Injection Users???

Just wanted to hear from some people who are running the Stage2 setup.

Pros/Cons with the unit?

How often are you going through a tank? (Of course I know the more you're in it the more you use, but on average how long does a tank last you?)

Anybody wired to a MAP sensor? I know most of the Chevy guys would be tied to a MAF sensor, but us Dodge guys don't have that luxury.

Are you pleased with the kit, and what type of numbers are you hitting with them *only if you don't mind divulging

Thanks for your input
Old 09-16-2005, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm using the Stage II maf kit and am very happy. A 1 gallon tank (windshield washer reservoir) lasts me 3-4 tanks of gas. Numbers for my truck are in my sig.

Jody
Old 09-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Teching In

621/708...

Nice

I'm not quite expecting those numbers , but I'm going to go ahead and get the kit. How did you plumb in to the resevoir? Anything special needed there or pretty straight forward, just dropping the line in?

Also, are you running straight meth or are you using a 50/50 mix?

Thanks again
Old 09-17-2005, 01:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by notchlx
621/708...

Nice

I'm not quite expecting those numbers , but I'm going to go ahead and get the kit. How did you plumb in to the resevoir? Anything special needed there or pretty straight forward, just dropping the line in?

Also, are you running straight meth or are you using a 50/50 mix?

Thanks again

They use push-lock plastic tubing and give you a bulkhead fitting for attaching to a reservoir or tank. You simply drill a hole the size of the threads of the fitting and install it and push the hose into the fitting; very easy. It also comes with it's own reservoir, but I preferred using the washer reservoir. Less clutter under the hood and I can still use the windshield squirters.

I run straight alcohol. I tried their recommendation of a 50/50 mix and it detonated on my truck. Went up as far as 70/30 and it still detonated so I went back to straight alky. Works best with my combo. I do mix a capful of top oil per tank for lubrication.

Jody
Old 09-17-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

I am also going to use my washer reservoir, but how are you useing your windshield squirters? also what is the oil you are useing for a lubricant?
Mark
Old 09-17-2005, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

I have one. My first pump went bad after 2 months... they got a new one out to me within a couple days without even asking to see the other one!! I also had leaks in the fittings, but used some automotive goop to seal them. Kit works great and was very easy to install. Matt is a first class guy!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:09 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just heard of an engine failure do to the check valve failing.....Just an FYI.

Trending Topics

Old 09-17-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2004Denali
I am also going to use my washer reservoir, but how are you useing your windshield squirters? also what is the oil you are useing for a lubricant?
Mark

Windshield washer fluid is methanol and water with some dye for color. So it doesn't hurt anything to just run straight alky through the system, it still cleans the windshield and doesn't hurt the paint. One type of oil I've used is called top oil. I bought it from the local circle track shop that sells the methanol.

Jody
Old 09-17-2005, 10:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I just heard of an engine failure do to the check valve failing.....Just an FYI.

I don't run the check valve. I believe it's only purpose is to prevent boost from going backwards through the system and pressurizing the reservoir at times. Mine injects before the thottle body and there is no boost there.

They also use solenoids on systems where the reservoir is higher than the nozzle to prevent gravity feeding and siphoning. I had one on there briefly but it failed so I removed it. I've never had that issue with my system.

Do you know what exactly happened to the truck you mentioned? Maybe system leaking into the engine and hydro-locking it?

Jody
Old 09-17-2005, 12:09 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As Jody said, I believe that the check valve is for high boost apps where you can't install the nozzle before the boost(e.g. turbos). I also want to avoid the solenoid so I will try to install the reservoir so that the fluid level is lower than the nozzle. The nozzle will also be before the throttle body so I don't have to worry about siphoning at idle. Less parts=less risk of failures.

I did order the low level switch. Pressure gauges are also available for meth injection systems. Would be nice to have an electronic safety system that will shut things down immediately if meth flow drops.