FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

radix with meth kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radix with meth kits

beating on it....what were you iat's before and after.....what boost psi do you have it coming on...what size nozzle are you using...what fluid are you spraying and at what %....pulley size and engine
Old 11-01-2005, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

I don't know how many have them on a Radix, but I think you'll find that most people with Meth just bought the snow kit and installed it. So you might not get nozzle sizes. I know you can tailor turn on PSI in a variety of ways, but don' t know what the base kit comes with. Some run alcohol, some runbt straight methanol, and some run winshield washer fluid.

Last edited by CHarris; 11-01-2005 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

yea...just kinda wanted to get an idea on what everybodys iat's are...i know the smaller the pulley size the more heat it's gonna make with boost so post up guys...this will give some others a look at diffrent sizes and iat's with mixed liquids....
Old 11-01-2005, 05:38 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bud8fan
yea...just kinda wanted to get an idea on what everybodys iat's are...i know the smaller the pulley size the more heat it's gonna make with boost so post up guys...this will give some others a look at diffrent sizes and iat's with mixed liquids....
the meth will take the coating off the Radix rotor set, don't know what that means to ya, and I'm almost sure you already knew that, just figured I'd through that in the mix
Old 11-01-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

damn grippy...you scared everybody off!!!!

i want more info please
Old 11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

I don't have any before and after #'s for you, sorry. When I dynoed @ 17* timing I did not have the water inj. and we did not take it to the point of KR. I then installed the injection and got knock retard at 24* timing. I installed the larger hx intercooler and lowered my intake temps by 20* and now I am running 28* timing up to 6K then 26* above that because I was getting knock above 6K with the 28*. I have only ran denatured alcohol. I will be putting in meth and getting it dynoed again soon.
I have mine coming in at 8-9 # boost. It doesn't come on very often. I may drive for days before I get on it hard enough to bring it in. I personally think as little as mine is injecting that the effects on the rotor coating is negligible.
That is just my opionion and I have no facts to back that up. But frankly if it does wear the coating off I don't really give a damn. It will be like an older roots without the coating and a little less efficient. The positives of the meth out-weigh the negetives of the coating wearing off. Just my $.02.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

thanks for the input:
damn your running alot of timing....my turbo 6.0 could only get 19* and the av is at 14* and thats it..i see 1-2 kr up top right now and none on the bottom or mid range....good info thou..keep it up guys...
Old 11-01-2005, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bud8fan
thanks for the input:
damn your running alot of timing....my turbo 6.0 could only get 19* and the av is at 14* and thats it..i see 1-2 kr up top right now and none on the bottom or mid range....good info thou..keep it up guys...
I do get a little lugging down low but that is because I leaned it out some. The little pulley wants to build boost extremely fast and puts it in PE too quick. It would jump to 10.1-11 afr instanly and was sooting up my bumper and killing my mileage. It is just a temp fix until I buy HPT and the 2 bar map tuning package so I can tune it right. The HPT with 2 bar tuning and inhanced interface for wideband is going to run $950 and I just don't want to drop the cash on that right now.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mjhoward
I do get a little lugging down low but that is because I leaned it out some. The little pulley wants to build boost extremely fast and puts it in PE too quick. It would jump to 10.1-11 afr instanly and was sooting up my bumper and killing my mileage. It is just a temp fix until I buy HPT and the 2 bar map tuning package so I can tune it right. The HPT with 2 bar tuning and inhanced interface for wideband is going to run $950 and I just don't want to drop the cash on that right now.
got the hpt...$ugh...got the EIO...$ugh...got the SD upgrade...$ugh...should of went ahead with the 2 bar. Jeeesh...hey wait a minute why didn't anybody tell me how expensive this **** is!?!?!??! LOL

I don't have my alocohol yet (finally hooked up but no juice yet, might just run some windowwasher fluid for now-haven't read much opinion on that topic on here), but I'll have my before and afters on the iat's next week hopefully. Mine is setup up for rpm (3500) and boost of 2psi. I don't remember my jet size. I'll make a note of it though. I really want the progressive, but didn't get it then...my bad, but I am so done ponying up more money. If anything thing maybe up the boost mark to 4psi, just as mjhoward says...it goes to pe so damn quick...hell it's there already, no need to be progressive.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

meth/distilled water combo 40/60 has about the best cooling effect

Quick Reply: radix with meth kits