FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix to Livernois Install in progress!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
Sally........
This is exactly what I was thinking. Slowhawk posted a thread over on Corvetteforum in the C5 Forced Induction section regarding that truck project. I asked about the intercooler and never got a response... no big deal. The intercooler in this picture looks like the $200 ebay special... welded mounting points and all. For guys in my area, with HOT *** pavement temps and rocks from never ending road construction, I think this setup would be ideal... just would need to see how engine coolant is affected...

Bill
Old 03-27-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill~ It is a ebay special. 4 core this time. The thing is huge. Last setup, w/ the 3core, engine coolant was cold as hell. And now with the aftermarket radiator in there and the 4core, it will be ice cold
Old 03-27-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Take you time and do it right. I just spent about 40 hours installing a Kenne Bell 2.8L blower on my H2. They make a smaller kit for the H2... but for the 2.8 I had to buy a Silverado kit and make it adapt. Nothing was particularly hard, just had to move a few things and remind myself that I was so far out of the box that there was no BOX...lol

You'll get it and be much happier!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I didn't really have a ton of progress tonight. I got both manifolds bolted down securely, and put the alternator back on. I would have goten further, but the bolts for the turbo drain were not in the kit, and I dont feel like driving across town to the 24hr homedepot to get them. I didnt mess with the intercooler because I have pretty much written off what came in the kit as far as that goes. Even if it would bolt up, which it wont without some work and new brackets I dont see how an air to air intercooler will be efficient sitting almost completely horozontally. So to solve that I ordered a new intercooler from TRT today. Hopefully it will make it here ASAP. I also had my boy Stan at Fast-Turbo order up all the pipe, clamps, and couplers for me to make new charge pipes, and I had a new oil feed line made so I can tap in where 2toneblown did. I dont really like how they have it in the kit. I need to pull the oil pan and have a bung welded in it for the drain, and will probably do that tomorrow. This little bolt on swap seems to get more expensive every day. The only good thing is with the job it allows me to drive all over town to pick up parts while im at work, as long as the boss man doesnt find out!

With the exception of getting the turbo, waste gate, and down pipe boled all the way down, which I will hopefully do tomorrow, that is going to put a stand still on the turbo side of the project untill the inter cooler gets here. I started playing with the Victor Jr. but after staying up until 5:00 AM for the last two days working on her I need to take a brake. I did sit the turbo on to mock up and see how she will look, and it got me excited. I can not wait to hear that thing spoolin up!

Big thanks to Ryan a.k.a. 2toneblown who came by tonight and checked out the progress and gave me some heads up on things to come that he ran into.

Here are a couple more pics of tonights slight progress.
Attached Thumbnails Radix to Livernois Install in progress!-2006_0921stuff0006.jpg   Radix to Livernois Install in progress!-2006_0921stuff0007.jpg   Radix to Livernois Install in progress!-2006_0921stuff0008.jpg   Radix to Livernois Install in progress!-2006_0921stuff0009.jpg   Radix to Livernois Install in progress!-2006_0921stuff0015.jpg  

Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian@JPA
too bad Gibbs does not have these bumpers anymore:

Yeah that would be a good set up with the larger opening compared to the SSS bumper, especially with TRT's intercooler.

I'm just gonna suck it up, drink a beer , and say fish heads! It will all be worth it in the end.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHarris
Take you time and do it right. I just spent about 40 hours installing a Kenne Bell 2.8L blower on my H2. They make a smaller kit for the H2... but for the 2.8 I had to buy a Silverado kit and make it adapt. Nothing was particularly hard, just had to move a few things and remind myself that I was so far out of the box that there was no BOX...lol

You'll get it and be much happier!

What happened to the turbo with the Victor Jr that you were planning on?
Old 03-28-2007, 07:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I keep wondering if i should the Vic Jr. on my truck... always in the back of my mind...
Old 03-28-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im putting it on there for insurance purposes. Theres too many people who have taken out pistons boosting on the stock manifold, and I eventually want to turn the boost up more.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thunderwagen
What happened to the turbo with the Victor Jr that you were planning on?
Vic Jr is on the shelf... It worked great. As for the turbo... initial talks with the shop were about a year ago and things just change. I couldn't get any sort of timeline together on my end to put the truck in the shop. So I just did what I could and got something I knew I could install at home in a week or less. That turned out to be the Kenne Bell 2.8

Either one would have gotten me where I was going HP wise... but at least with the KB I knew jsut what the cost was gonna be and how long it would take.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My only worry is that the Vic Jr. will take away bottom end TQ with my 5.3L.... By then again, i may be totaly worng on that concern.

Quick Reply: Radix to Livernois Install in progress!