FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix Intercooler Pump and Intercooler.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radix Intercooler Pump and Intercooler.

I'm planning on changing to a larger intercooler coolant tank and I'm wondering if I need to change the coolant pump or will the Radix pump suffice even though the tank will be moved to a position approximately twice as far from the intercooler. I'll be mounting the approximately 1.5 gallon tank in the space available in the upper passenger side of the engine compartment.

I'd consider installing a larger intercooler if one is available. Anybody know of a "kit" or what is recommended by you who have been there.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out Frozen boost dot com for larger h/e. If you are talking about the actual intercooler under the supercharger, Trick makes a larger one that needs a spacer to fit. It runs about a grand, IIRC. Thread here: https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...e-room-466096/
Old 04-26-2012, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
Check out Frozen boost dot com for larger h/e. If you are talking about the actual intercooler under the supercharger, Trick makes a larger one that needs a spacer to fit. It runs about a grand, IIRC. Thread here: https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...e-room-466096/
In my ingnorance I used the wrong term. I meant the heat exchanger. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a 2 gal tank and a H/X for a GT500 in mine and keeping the 6gpm Bosch pump. I'd rather keep the fluid in the H/X longer, so putting a higher flowing pump would move the fluid around too quickly IMO.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

I made an intercooler, but had a couple small leaks in it. I decided to just put it together, and do the intercooler part later. I want to do gears and nitrous first. I feel that the original intercooler under the supercharger is way too small. The cooling portion is only 6x9, and after the upper intake blocks part of it, you only end up with 5.5x9 of area the air can pass through. I will end up making one that is more than likely 12x9, and 3" thick as opposed to the original 2.25" one that came from Magnuson. There have been complaints of people dropping boost at higher RPM's, and I think that the area is so small it us restricting the airflow. Just my $.02. I will log data later after all my mods for more accurate info.

If anyone knows where I can find an intercooler or just the core that is 2.75/preferably3" thick, at least 14/preferably 16 wide, and at least 8.75 tall (I can cut down the excess). It would greatly help this project.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does anybody run two heat exchangers?
Old 04-26-2012, 08:29 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

sure have brother......currently running just one though
Old 04-26-2012, 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

The heat exchanger is the other thing I was going to test. I was going to install everything stock, and measure the volume of the fluid. Then I was going to see how long it took the system to cycle the volume of the fluid through. If it doesn't go through the amount of fluid in the time it takes you to go 1/4 mile, it would do no good to use another heat exchanger or a bigger one. I assume you will go through all of it before a 1/4 mile run, and I made a huge one for when I do the swap. I really think the secret wil be in the intercooler, and injecting water/meth after the intercooler inside of the intake.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:36 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

running dual H/E's kept my temps down about 3-5 deg overall when hot lapping in relatively high heat at the track....lol....I think that was back in 05 sometime
Old 04-27-2012, 04:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Where did you have the second one mounted? Did you use a fan?

Quick Reply: Radix Intercooler Pump and Intercooler.