FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Radix install complete, impressions and a couple quesitons inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radix install complete, impressions and a couple questions inside!!!

all went well, except swapping out the underdrive pulley for a stocker. for some reason the bolt we were using, stopped. and proceeded to rip some threads off. Thanks to joshluther, and an old trucker truck he showed us, it's up and running again. ( apparantly, if you cut a notch in the threads of a bolt, it will clean out bad threads........ who would've thought )

so far i'm pretty impressed. It seems to be getting better and better as i drive it. I'm not sure if it's quite what i expected yet. But i did the thermostat mod ( drilled a couple small hole ) and apparantly... i drilled too many, or they're too big, or something, but the engine doesn't fully come up to temp. on hptuners it says we're around 140-145 normally. My dash guage says 170 or so. either way..... not enough, so i'm ordering a thermostat today. maybe full operating temp will help. 185 for optimal hp, right?

outside temp was 26 for the test ride, and iat were 70 at cruise, and 90 at wot.

timing constant at 16 degress wot, it knocked a little at first..... that went away probably on the second run. I'm assuming the fuel trims were adjusting.

magnacharger instructions are definatly top notch, color and the most complete i've ever used, i really only found maybe 2 discrepancies/ missing info.

they refer to left side of motor as driver side. and left side of the intercooler as passenger side. this is confusing, but not a huge deal. It doesn't tell you in the instructions to adjust and tighten the idler pulley below the blower, and there appears to be a nipple on the aluminum inlet tube after the TB that's unused, but no instruction affirming that. As of now, there's a vacumn cap on it. But all in all, if you're attempting a supercharger install, this all should be stuff you can handle.

OK, for the performance of it.

The 3-2 downshift is outright disgusting, and the 4-3 isn't far behind, impressiveness wise. the torque at the downshift snaps your neck back, and let's you know..... it's time to motivate!!

1st gear traction from a dig, is as expected.... non existant. But we'll work on that eventually. For now it makes it fun, but oviously not condusive to launches.

how many heat cycles should i put on it before retorquing the manifold? what temp thermostat should i put in it? where should i set the efans?

What should i be expecting to see, performance wise on the dyno and in the quarter, with the magnacharger tune and pulley? i'm hoping to match the advertised 400 hp 420 ftlbs on magnachargers site, and with numbers like that.... with traction maybe 12.5?

A big thanks to joshluther for doing a ton of wrenching, mikezq8ss ( for being the hardware store runner bitch ) and my buddy ken for helpin out. Hopefully mike will post up some more pics.

all radix maintenance and other information appreciated from all......... let 'er rip.

Last edited by LoudAzzLoStepside; 12-28-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrads Man Caint wait to see you in my rear view

J/K
Old 12-28-2005, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's ok..... for now. Gimme a lil time, and we'll be competing. You will always get props for pushing that lil 4.8 as far as you do...but hopefully my plans, will put me in the winners lane.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:33 PM
11 Second Truck Club

glad to see you got it all running together good. you should be in the 12's no doubt...