FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

No More Master Power Turbos but NEW Magnum turbos!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Default No More Master Power Turbos but NEW Magnum turbos!!!

No more Master Power turbos guys, at least for now. They decided to stop building them to redesign them and all stock in the US has been sold.

I am now using Magnum turbos as the base turbo in my kits. They are sold to me by the same guy who is the US Distributor for Master Power USA. He owns Magnum turbos and has been selling them for almost a year now.

They are great turbos, as good if not better then MP's. Same one year warranty against MFG defect and are also available in both oil cooled journal bearing and water cooled ceramic ball bearing in the most popular sizes.

I've been having VERY good luck with these. They are NOT Chines, they are MFG'ed in Brazil, just like MP's but he is trying to bring the MFG to south FL where he is based to keep an even better control on quality. Check out their web site and let me know if you have any questions on them. Oh and I can make some great deals on them, just PM me.

http://www.mpturbos.com/mpturbos_003.htm

Name:  MagnumLogoiinJPEG.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  33.7 KB
Old 06-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool i need to get a turbo set up going
Old 06-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

I bought two of the magnum 76mm ball bearing units from the warehouse for my racetruc. Been runnin them since late last year and haven't had any issues with them. I don't have any direct comparisons vs the journal 76's I used to run but these new ones sure do spool fast!

Definitely a well priced turbo.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Seems Like a good turbo to try...

If allen says they spool fast thats saying something .
Old 06-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Staging Lane

so i thought water cooled was in addition to oil cooled?, is it an either /or thing? or somtimes bolth depending on turbo? witch is better or just two differnt was of same thing? and what would water be plumed into heater lines or somthing else?
Old 06-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by bigboy576103
Seems Like a good turbo to try...

If allen says they spool fast thats saying something .
lol, they do spool quick. 0psi to 24psi is big rush. i also have a tbrake in the trans, that helps tremendously, but the turbos do allow for about 15psi off the line. haven't done it yet, only got as high as 12psi.

Originally Posted by slocaddy
so i thought water cooled was in addition to oil cooled?, is it an either /or thing? or somtimes bolth depending on turbo? witch is better or just two differnt was of same thing? and what would water be plumed into heater lines or somthing else?
it is in addition to oil cooled, however, you're gonna here reasons why to run watercooled vs non. oil cooled just isn't for cooling, it's to lubricate the internals of a turbo. in addition, the water cooled supposedly keeps the oil cooler and more consistent. I don't know of anyone who has done a comparison. ya, any source of water that can pump water thru the turbo is fine. i use the heater hose ports on the waterpump.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slocaddy
Ya like Allen said, all turbos are oil lubed/cooled. The BB turbos are also water cooled in addition to the oil lubed/cooled. I just put T's in my heater hoses on my truck and hooked them to the water ports on the turbo cartridge. There is no performance advantage to water cooling the turbo, just increases oil life as it keeps it cooler in the cartridge and from cokeing.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Interesting.. From yalls expert experience mine has has water cooled jackets, do all of them or just ball bearing styles? Also how do you tell if it is BB or Journal?
Old 06-29-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by bigboy576103
Interesting.. From yalls expert experience mine has has water cooled jackets, do all of them or just ball bearing styles? Also how do you tell if it is BB or Journal?
With Magnums, only the BB has water jackets, but Turbonetics makes water cooled in both journal and ball bearing turbo. A BB turbo will have a lot less side to side bearing play then a journal bearing turbo.

Journal bearings need much more clearance because the are a "floating bushing" bearing, meaning the the turbine shaft spins in the bushing and the bushing spins in the housing. This is because of the high rpm turbos spin, it reduces the shaft to housing speed the bearing sees by about half.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Cool how much would a reg non intercooler setup run with a t76 for a nnbs truck?

Quick Reply: No More Master Power Turbos but NEW Magnum turbos!!!