FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Next mod for my 14.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 10:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Found a 16 SLE 17k mi. all the bells and whistles that mine doesn't have. Think I'm gonna buy it for the business and start from scratch. That way I can take a bit more time. It will be turbo I'm pretty sure.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:00 PM
TECH Junkie

The new whip. Fuel, cam and turbo to come. Still have the 14 also.
The following users liked this post:
cheyenne383 (02-28-2020)
Old 02-28-2020, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

You mean you're going to drop it off @TrickTurbo for some magic eh?

Old 02-28-2020, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

which trans does the 2016 come with????
Old 02-28-2020, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 766 Likes on 564 Posts

That thing is beautiful! Can't say I've seen that year and that color in a RCSB before.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by madmann26
You mean you're going to drop it off @TrickTurbo for some magic eh?
I would love for him to do the install. We actually talked yesterday. He's soooo busy but yeah Trick is the plan. Since the '14 is staying looks like we'll have a little blower vs turbo action in the future. Dyno and track times. I'd love to do the turbo before any other upgrades to compare but it probably won't work out that way.
Originally Posted by Jonblarc7
which trans does the 2016 come with????
The RC was still 6 speed. The good part is since it's a post '14 computer an 8l90 is a swap option if I blow this up. I know they suck stock but with Sam's tuning magic...
Originally Posted by dantheman1540
That thing is beautiful! Can't say I've seen that year and that color in a RCSB before.
Thank you! I have never seen this color. Can't take my eyes off of it lol. Hardly slept last night planning.
Old 03-02-2020, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just curious and don't take this the wrong way because I'm just asking.

Why wouldn't you twin turbo the truck that is paid off and swap the supercharger to the new one that your still paying for or dare I say "leave it stock" at least until it proves its self as a good truck with no bugs.

I mean the old one has proven its a solid truck with no problems. You still have warranty on the new one. You could just Daily it and sell your supercharger to help fund everything you want to do to your 2014?

Or kill the warranty and put your reliable supercharger on it.
tjmath (03-02-2020)
Old 03-02-2020, 06:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Jonblarc7
Just curious and don't take this the wrong way because I'm just asking.

Why wouldn't you twin turbo the truck that is paid off and swap the supercharger to the new one that your still paying for or dare I say "leave it stock" at least until it proves its self as a good truck with no bugs.

Not at all and thanks for the input. You've proven yourself to be helpful many times. I never could get past the fact that there are no transmission alternatives to date on a 14...yet anyway and the hp I want I don't feel comfortable with the 6l80. No 4l80. No 8l90. Nothing available to swap for the future if I break it. So I decided to buy something to open up options for the long term. I am happy with the 14 just scared to go past a certain point since I have so much added weight for work. I looked for months and could never come up with a pre 14 for a good mod truck so then I decided I wanted some bells and whistles for my daily as well which the 14 didn't have. I'm still going to do cam and fuel I'm pretty positive but I'll keep it at probably 650 whp unloaded. My wife is looking forward to driving it when not in her X6. The 16 on the other hand I've decided to spend the money to have what I want for a 6k lb. daily and I just fell in love with it. If I blow up a fbe 5.3 I'll be moving up again. Best I can figure it's maybe 15k investment already for the mods besides the truck. I'm not close to rich but we do very well so wth right?

I mean the old one has proven it's a solid truck with no problems. You still have warranty on the new one. You could just Daily it and sell your supercharger to help fund everything you want to do to your 2014?

The new one has warranty until 9-20 unfortunately because it was bought at the beginning of the model year. I bought an extended which I'll cancel in probably 3 months. I've decided to keep 2 blown rides and live the dream. I turn 69 on Wednesday, compete on the 21st, and hopefully bring the old goat bench press record back to Texas lol. I know there are infinite choices I could have or maybe should have made I just made this one. I've always walked to a different beat lol. I hate normal and just can't do it

Or kill the warranty and put your reliable supercharger on it.
I'm definitely killing the warranty very soon. Guess I didn't quote the section correctly so it's also in the body above. Hope I don't become know as someone with more money than brains because I actually could use more of both lol.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think all your reason are reasonable. I’ll do the same thing your doing with two boosted vehicles one day in the next few years. I’m going to LT4 swap the truck since it’s got heavy tires and I pull my boat with it. And I’m dream shopping now a 2016 SS 1LE to build for a road course or a GEN2 CTS-V to build since my dad was a caddy guy and I’ve always loved caddy’s It’s hard for me to not want a caddy

Either it still takes more money than brains to have fun. If you look at it that way I would still be spending what your going to spend depending what year I find car I find. So it’s not that crazy. You just wanted two trucks!!!

You do you
ZO6Ted (03-02-2020)
Old 03-02-2020, 09:40 PM
TECH Junkie

It is going to be fun around my place for sure. I also could've Ls swapped my 08 Rcsb Colorado. Nice little LT with 3.7 5 cyl. 65k miles and also paid for. Thought about an LSX 454 but the wife kept giving me crap about it so I'm spending much more now lol. Guess I showed her huh? Long as she don't cut me off anyway. What's the old saying? Women have got half the money and all the P...y. Now that would get my attention ha ha.

Quick Reply: Next mod for my 14.