FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

NEW T6 Twin scroll MANIFOLD. Spy photos

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 07:02 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Kits with 3.5 or 4.0" down pipes we build use 2pc down pipes.
Installs easier and ships easier.
The slip clamp just needs to tighten enough not to leak.

All kits use the Stainless steel cast manifold. Except twin kits. Those manifolds are still welded.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:59 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very very well crafted looking product there sir , Thankyou for your hard work and enthusiasium for our beloved LSx trucks ! My next build will be a turbo setup .

My question is , how much roughly does it cost to have a 3D printed model made ? That prototype you have is sick , I would love to have a couple items made for my truck to test fit as well as some other things bearing of course if a regular guy like me could afford to have stuff printed .

Just curious what it takes to have that done . That manifold is pure sex , you should have that one on your desk !
Old 09-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Very very well crafted looking product there sir , Thankyou for your hard work and enthusiasium for our beloved LSx trucks ! My next build will be a turbo setup .

My question is , how much roughly does it cost to have a 3D printed model made ? That prototype you have is sick , I would love to have a couple items made for my truck to test fit as well as some other things bearing of course if a regular guy like me could afford to have stuff printed .

Just curious what it takes to have that done . That manifold is pure sex , you should have that one on your desk !
It is on the desk.

Costing is driven by size complexity and how hungry the printers owner is.
I can't really say what this one costed. But in other job back in nitrous land I have paid 600 for clear 3d prints to be made. And the part was the size of 1/2 a GM's camaro 2pc maf.
That was 10 years ago.
So now probably would cost alot less.
There's also many types of prints. This one is an abs plastic.
Mounted up molds a little weight.
Others were clear acrylic ,
So I can see inside passages and angles.
even a white powered material which wasn't for any load on.
Was more for does this fit this area.

You will need a 3d model print of your project. Iges files work well.
And start shopping to see which co. can give you the best price for your part.
So printers only do small parts.

Thanks for kind words. I try very hard to design and build products I think and hope people will use. I have some exciting parts in the works for the LS crowd.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:34 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
It is on the desk.

Costing is driven by size complexity and how hungry the printers owner is.
I can't really say what this one costed. But in other job back in nitrous land I have paid 600 for clear 3d prints to be made. And the part was the size of 1/2 a GM's camaro 2pc maf.
That was 10 years ago.
So now probably would cost alot less.
There's also many types of prints. This one is an abs plastic.
Mounted up molds a little weight.
Others were clear acrylic ,
So I can see inside passages and angles.
even a white powered material which wasn't for any load on.
Was more for does this fit this area.

You will need a 3d model print of your project. Iges files work well.
And start shopping to see which co. can give you the best price for your part.
So printers only do small parts.

Thanks for kind words. I try very hard to design and build products I think and hope people will use. I have some exciting parts in the works for the LS crowd.
Cool , thanks for the info , I guess I'm like a big kid , if I had a 3D printer id have all kinds of car parts , guns and other stuff made from it all over the house and garage LOL .

But I have to say , you have been one of the big players in the LS truck turbo market for a long time , and your stuff always looks professional and high quality , that's a win win for us truck guys . I may currently have a blower but very badly want a turbo build for the next vehicle , so I'm always looking at these kits . ( no I'm not a paid endorser for anyone here lol )
Old 09-25-2014, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Denali08
I respect what you are saying but spending a good time laying under the truck and checking the top of the engine for 4" space, it will not fit without cutting the 4" DP into two pieces and using v-band clamp in the middle near frame rail and/or hammering the pipe oval.

But even oval 4" will not fit as one piece if made oval near the frame rail bcause the whol 4" DP has to be driven in from the top of the engine or from under the truck. I don't see that happening with one piece 4" DP.
I don't see what the problem is with a 4" . I got a 5" to fit with room to spare a 4" should be a walk in the park.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by idahoblkss
I don't see what the problem is with a 4" . I got a 5" to fit with room to spare a 4" should be a walk in the park.
Post a pic of your 5" DP, if you don't mind, from top of the engine and from the bottom of the truck. I want to see how you squeezed 5" in there while me and others say 4" will be hard to fit without chopping a slice of the pipe.

I will post a pic to make it clear why on my turbo kit it is hard to fit 4" DP. The cross over flange on the tabular turbo header get in the way of the DP near the chassis frame. If that flange is up a little more, it would be perfect to fit even 5" DP.

So, to say 4" or 5" DP will fit, I will have to cut the turbo header bottom flange, move it up and extend the cross over pipe up to reach the new raised turbo flange location.

Last edited by Denali08; 09-25-2014 at 01:08 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Truck Sponsor

Post a pic of your 5" DP, if you don't mind, from top of the engine and from the bottom of the truck. I want to see how you squeezed 5" in there while me and others say 4" will be hard to fit without chopping a slice of the pipe.

I will post a pic to make it clear why on my turbo kit it is hard to fit 4" DP. The cross over flange on the tabular turbo header get in the way of the DP near the chassis frame. If that flange is up a little more, it would be perfect to fit even 5" DP.

So, to say 4" or 5" DP will fit, I will have to cut the turbo header bottom flange, move it up and extend the cross over pipe up to each the new raised turbo flange location.
Don't worry about 5".
Your set up will not allow that I fit. With out heavy modifying.
We have build 5" kits. Not really needed unless you are running 5" exhaust, open dp, and MAX hi power. 1500+.
Your crossover pipe will let a 4" fit. But will take work. The pipe has to snake around the flange to the turbo.
4" dp, not need unless well over 1000hp.
So if you want to make a larger downpipe fit. Yes; you will have to modify something, or purchase another Set of pipes built for that larger down pipe.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:39 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Coming from a guy with a 5" dp, a 4" one would be fine in retrospect
Old 09-25-2014, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

So, to say 4" or 5" DP will fit, I will have to cut the turbo header bottom flange, move it up and extend the cross over pipe up to reach the new raised turbo flange location.
Name:  IMG_20130721_204926_760_zps56764e2a.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  61.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0527_zps3437a08d.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  68.6 KB

Name:  DSC_0530_zpse11edb4d.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0525_zps1eaf9cf6.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  55.7 KB

Name:  IMG_20130805_200500_616_zps2ab091e5.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  28.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20130805_200325_681_zpsea634691.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  66.4 KB

like i said 4" would be a walk in the park, do you need a 5" no probably not.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Atomic
Coming from a guy with a 5" dp, a 4" one would be fine in retrospect
x2

but bigger is better ....

lol

Quick Reply: NEW T6 Twin scroll MANIFOLD. Spy photos