FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

NEW T6 Twin scroll MANIFOLD. Spy photos

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hmmmm. I want... Very. Very nice.

Btw do you have any installed pics? I would like to see the clearance around the AC and stuff
Old 09-12-2014, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will this T6 cast manifold be a direct swap in your previous two T4 kits (log & cast)? Or everything in the T4 kit has to go?
Old 09-12-2014, 09:55 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Denali08
Will this T6 cast manifold be a direct swap in your previous two T4 kits (log & cast)? Or everything in the T4 kit has to go?
Not a direct swap new moved the crossover flange higher to gain more room for larger downpipes.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TrickPerformanceProducts
Not a direct swap new moved the crossover flange higher to gain more room for larger downpipes.
This explains why everyone tells me I cannot fit 4" in my truck.

Do you have a comparison pic of both manifolds side by side?

If it is simple cutting and extension of crossover flange, shouldn't a big deal.

If it moves the coolant reserve and places the turbo little away from the oil fill cap, that would be perfect.

What turbo size range it will allow to fit in the truck?

I guess it will not harm to use T4/T6 adapter and slam the S480 there for time being. I will be redoing my DP and will need more space for 4" DP.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:46 AM
Truck Sponsor

4" can fit. You just have to work at it.
Water res. stays in place.
Oil filler cap still clears. Filler neck does need to be removed.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:37 PM

Default So what is the gratest Turbo Kit For my Yukon Denali 2008 with 418c"

Hi Guys, So what is the great Turbo Kit For my 2008 Yukon Denali AWD with ls3/L92 (418c" with forged pistons and full heads work and upgrade with boost cam shaft from lingenfilter) Trans is stock 6l80e with double Trans Cooler so what is the great way to go with and what Stall is will be good for quik spool and jump with,my goal write knaw is for daily use and street Racing...
Old 09-14-2014, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

4" can fit. You just have to work at it.
Water res. stays in place.
Oil filler cap still clears. Filler neck does need to be removed.
I respect what you are saying but spending a good time laying under the truck and checking the top of the engine for 4" space, it will not fit without cutting the 4" DP into two pieces and using v-band clamp in the middle near frame rail and/or hammering the pipe oval.

But even oval 4" will not fit as one piece if made oval near the frame rail bcause the whol 4" DP has to be driven in from the top of the engine or from under the truck. I don't see that happening with one piece 4" DP.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:48 AM
Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Denali08
I respect what you are saying but spending a good time laying under the truck and checking the top of the engine for 4" space, it will not fit without cutting the 4" DP into two pieces and using v-band clamp in the middle near frame rail and/or hammering the pipe oval.

But even oval 4" will not fit as one piece if made oval near the frame rail bcause the whol 4" DP has to be driven in from the top of the engine or from under the truck. I don't see that happening with one piece 4" DP.
What's wrong with 2pc Downnpipe?
I would not use a vband. I use a slip fit and band clamp.
Just like our 3.5" down pipe.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:48 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

looking at this is making me completely change my mind on my awd build and possibly listing that fresh 32 spline 149 .... trade ya for a cast t4 and hot side ...
Old 09-21-2014, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

What's wrong with 2pc Downnpipe?
I would not use a vband. I use a slip fit and band clamp.
Just like our 3.5" down pipe.
Nothing wrong with 2pc DP. I just came to know that it is the only way to fit 4" DP.

Slip fit will be a nightmare to remove later. Been in similar situation with previous NA collector pipe. Transmission shop could not remove the exh pipe to remove the transmission. Had to drive it to exh shop to head the slip joint and remove the exh pipe then drove it for 2 miles with open headers through streets.

Which of you kits came with 3.5" DP. I might have missed not being around for a while. Is it 2pc DP?

Do you still make the log manifold kit or you completly switched to cast manifold on all you turbo kits?

Quick Reply: NEW T6 Twin scroll MANIFOLD. Spy photos