FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

New Kenne Bell

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:10 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Moregrip-Trust me I followed that writeup and testing closly haha, they now have the truck kits available though.
Cool, are you getting one?
I went to the Good Guys show here in San Diego back in March to see the 2.6 setup, very nice
Looking forward to seeing the first I/C K/B truck around here
Old 11-14-2006, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Moregrip-Trust me I followed that writeup and testing closly haha, they now have the truck kits available though.
Wow... finally a pic on their website showing their actual truck product in an actual truck Looking forward to seeing some installs and feedback shared here

Bill

Old 11-14-2006, 10:21 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Bill Reid
Wow... finally a pic on their website showing their actual truck product in an actual truck Looking forward to seeing some installs and feedback shared here

Bill

other than the intake hose, it looks very nice

someone get this installed will ya!

EDIT: wonder why they didn't make a passenger side inlet
Old 11-14-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that hose does look like a hack job. A nice polished intake tube would be very nice
Old 11-14-2006, 10:37 PM

Ya, the clothes dryer exhaust hose is a nice touch ... I'll take a gander KB is still working on the intake as they let the cat out of the bag on the corvette kit before that intake was done.

I wondered the same thing about the drivers side intake awhile back... commenting that a battery relocate (ala 2nd batt location for Duramax) would be necessary in order to create a nice (CAI) intake box area. I thought if they flipped it over it might work... but perhaps there is more to it than that... (edit, now that I think about it... a simple flip would turn the TB upside down... may not be a big deal but sure would look weird).

Here's a couple of pics (from Andy's party in June) of the back of the KB...

Bill

Old 11-14-2006, 10:42 PM
what a rush!

very nice!

Old 11-14-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

how does this new KB 2.6 compare to the MP122HH? Is there really any difference in power between the radix and the twin screw at very low off idle boost? I would like the most off idle power/quickest boost possible. I know that peak numbers are equally important I just don't want to make the engine scream just to get some great pull in the pants.
I built an engine once and it had great peak power but the bottom end was a little too sleepy for me. I will be buying a SC in the near future. I just don't want to make the same mistake again. Waiting for the engine and boost to spoole up would make me puke after spending all that money. I'm willing to sacrafice a little top end to have the pull on the bottom that I want. Any advice or experience would really help. Thanks guys
Old 11-15-2006, 05:31 AM
TECH Addict

I see the 8.1L blower is gone from thier line up. Man, its like us big block guys have "motor" cancer or something.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:06 AM
TECH Resident

Default Sc

I wonder how much faster my 06 5.3 SILVY would be with an 8ft bed regular cab with the KB compared to my Joe Gibbs 5.3 SC 6ft bed truck?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:45 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by yurs78
how does this new KB 2.6 compare to the MP122HH? Is there really any difference in power between the radix and the twin screw at very low off idle boost? I would like the most off idle power/quickest boost possible. I know that peak numbers are equally important I just don't want to make the engine scream just to get some great pull in the pants.
I built an engine once and it had great peak power but the bottom end was a little too sleepy for me. I will be buying a SC in the near future. I just don't want to make the same mistake again. Waiting for the engine and boost to spoole up would make me puke after spending all that money. I'm willing to sacrafice a little top end to have the pull on the bottom that I want. Any advice or experience would really help. Thanks guys
I think this model is a bit too new and as of yet not known. There are not many secrets about the Radix as it has been tested and repeatedly reported.
The KB's have always impressed me of their fashion. They are sweet looking pieces of machining, something I respect, but I dont think they are a straight bolt on and go part yet.

Quick Reply: New Kenne Bell