FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Need some input on this idea, Blownchevy, come in please

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need some input on this idea, Blownchevy, come in please

I'm not really looking at putting any more money into the truck for a while,got plans for next year that require me to start stashing back some cash, but was thinking of doing a couple of things to maybe help it out just a little.
1. Clean up and polish the stock throttle body, no porting, just a good polish and clean job.
2. Pull off the rear air inlet of the Whipple and clean it up and polish it, again, no porting, just a good clean up and polish job.
I could do this myself for very little money and was thinking it could help draw a little more air into the Whipple.
Any opinions on why this would work or could be a bad idea????
Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Randy
Old 12-02-2005, 09:07 AM
Truck addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can't answer if it would be a bad idea or not for the whipple. but i will tell ya, the tb is easy to clean up with a dremal tool and some bits. you will still need to remove that hump that is in there. it only takes a little bit of your time to do but make sure you have plenty of bits on hand cause the aluminum will cake your bits up pretty good.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

I'm not looking to do any porting or cutting, just want to smooth everything and polish it out to a mirror finish. I know the gains would be minimal, but I was thinking it should help some. I dont think it would hurt the blower any as far as creating bad turbulance since I only want to polish the inlet side. I am just looking for a way to help make things be alittle more effecient. Hell, it its good for 1 hp i'll do it. It wont take but a few bucks a little bit of my time on the weekend.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Truck addict

just take some sand paper and go to town with it. i still need to get back at mine and finish smoothing it like you are describing. i ported it and got it pretty smooth but not mirror finish smooth.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

If your throttlebody is drive by wire ,be very careful where you polish it or your drivability could suffer.I had mine ported and it did cause issues with setting codes that resulted in going into a reduced power mode.I finally gave up on it and changed the accelarater peddle and added a cable operated throttlebody.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by whitt1
If your throttlebody is drive by wire ,be very careful where you polish it or your drivability could suffer.I had mine ported and it did cause issues with setting codes that resulted in going into a reduced power mode.I finally gave up on it and changed the accelarater peddle and added a cable operated throttlebody.
Mine is a cable throttle body
Old 12-02-2005, 04:02 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what do you have on there for a filter set up? there is power to be gained there if you are running a stock box still.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by parish8
what do you have on there for a filter set up? there is power to be gained there if you are running a stock box still.
I'm running a K&N CAI right now
Old 12-02-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ranwalk
Mine is a cable throttle body

IF I were you I would port the cover on the back off the blower because its pretty restrictive there. As far as lower manifold of the blower theres not to much you can do besides just making a new sheetmetal peice. Heres a picture I drew a while back of a sheetmetal manifold for the back off the blower.

WhippleManifold

Its not much of a drawing but I guess its a though...