FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

My 2017 Silverado 5.3 ProCharger build.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 01:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
What were the before green filter and after IATs?
before the IATs cruising were 1-2 degrees above ambient cruising, and right around 115-118 by the end of the 1/4 mile depending on the air temp of course. The new filter 1-3 degrees above ambient cruising and my last day at the track it was 46-51 and the highest in saw was 95 that day. I think the intercooler is doing a good job and making it so it didn't effect the performance and IATs.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Littlefield
Thanks. My truck has a manual transfer case. Think I’ll try at least one run with 2wd traction control on just to see the difference.
I tried with traction control on once in 2wd and it didn't feel super invasive. Out of all the differant launches I've tried 4wd hi with about 1500 rpm stalled and hitting it on green have been my best times so far.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gorske, if you’re going to be running alcohol like that supercharged you should seriously considering logging the data. Making the power to run 12.4 on alcohol your stock fuel system must be on the ragged edge and you run the risk of losing a/f ratio control. That story may not be fun to tell.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gorske, if you’re going to be running alcohol like that supercharged you should seriously considering logging the data. Making the power to run 12.4 on alcohol your stock fuel system must be on the ragged edge and you run the risk of losing a/f ratio control. That story may not be fun to tell.
My tuner is a close friend and I see him at least once a week so we are consistently doing logs on the truck to check and look over everything. Normally when I go to the track he is always there and has his laptop hooked up to my truck for all the passes. its rare that he is not at the track with me. With e35 my truck peaks at 29% injector duty cycle and pulse with of 5.8ms. With as often as I see him and as often as we log my truck I had a hard time justifying the cost of HP Tuners and a laptop. If he is not there I have a Autometer Dashlink and I monitor IATs, timing, and fuel pressure with the Dashlink. However I am looking into getting an AFR gauge here soon. You know money money money.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:25 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the reply. I’m definitely not trying to get in your business but.....you must be making 550-575 rwhp which is close to the limit I see quoted for the stock fuel system. Even if the injectors are capable the rest of the fuel supply system may not be. It should just be a matter of adding low fuel pressure to your log. My tuner said he starts getting concerned at around 45 psig on the low pressure side. He’s a conservative guy but with lots of experience. If your injector performance is okay, as it looks, the hp side should be okay. If the low pressure pump can’t provide adequate feed to the high pressure I believe you could get a rapid increase in a/f ratio. Not sure exactly the consequences but it doesn’t sound good. And running higher alcohol taxes the system further as the flow rate is higher.
My credit is great so I don’t have to worry about funds for all the truck goodies and auxiliary stuff. Just get to pay for it for the next few years. Ha
PS A dyno run would be fun and informative, eh? But the cost is about the same as getting set up with Hptuners.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. I’m definitely not trying to get in your business but.....you must be making 550-575 rwhp which is close to the limit I see quoted for the stock fuel system. Even if the injectors are capable the rest of the fuel supply system may not be. It should just be a matter of adding low fuel pressure to your log. My tuner said he starts getting concerned at around 45 psig on the low pressure side. He’s a conservative guy but with lots of experience. If your injector performance is okay, as it looks, the hp side should be okay. If the low pressure pump can’t provide adequate feed to the high pressure I believe you could get a rapid increase in a/f ratio. Not sure exactly the consequences but it doesn’t sound good. And running higher alcohol taxes the system further as the flow rate is higher.
My credit is great so I don’t have to worry about funds for all the truck goodies and auxiliary stuff. Just get to pay for it for the next few years. Ha
PS A dyno run would be fun and informative, eh? But the cost is about the same as getting set up with Hptuners.
Nope it's all good. I will have to double check but at wot I think the truck is still in the low 50s but I will have my buddy check the logs. I already dumped a lot more money in my truck than planned and have other things that need my attention lol. That urge to go faster cost more and more. Truck already surpassed where I thought it would be. Truck is getting a new cat-back and then headers. Then the truck will be done. I am sure with the headers I will have to go back to 93 with the extra power from those. I honestly just wanted to test and see how fast I could get this truck with the stock manifold and cats along with seeing what an e85 mix would do. I would say with 12.4s surpassed my expectations. Now we finish up the truck with the last exhaust mods and see if I can keep an ethanol blend or go back to good old 93. Track season is pretty much done for us so its back to driving it like an old man till the spring.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:22 AM
On The Tree

Thanks again. If you’re still running over 50 psig that gives me hope.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So unfortunately no track for me today, just way too much stuff do so it’ll have to wait until next year. I will say, I had reservations about going with a centri setup over a PD but there is zero compromise with this kit, it drives so nice, really just like stock and mileage is the same as stock as well, obviously that all changes once you put your foot in it.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

I might have missed it but are you still running stock injectors
Old 10-21-2018, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jonblarc7
I might have missed it but are you still running stock injectors
Yes sir. Truck is all stock except for the ProCharger tuner kit for my truck(which uses the stock fuel system), Circle D 278mm 3200, stall, Klug Performance tune, and a custom cat-back with the stock manifolds and cats.

Quick Reply: My 2017 Silverado 5.3 ProCharger build.