FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

My 2017 Silverado 5.3 ProCharger build.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default My 2017 Silverado 5.3 ProCharger build.

Figured I would make a post about my build and my experience with my truck with the ProCharger kit so far. Let get started.

Here are the install pics and the first start up. This is the ProCharger P1SC tuner kit for the 2014+ GM Trucks.

The one mod I did to the intake was removing the intake tube and replacing it with a Green Filter so I could add oil to the motor without removing the tube each time.

The truck kit is making 5psi of boost right around 3400 rpm and peaks at 10psi from 5700rpm to 6300rpm which is where my shift points are set. Here are some videos of my first impressions of the kit, how the truck drives with the kit and stall, and how the IATs after I put on the filter.

Now for the fun part acceleration videos and time slips. First video and time slip is a 0-100 video of my truck P1SC kit, Circle D 278mm 3200 stall, and Klug Performance tune running 93. Stock manifold and cats.

My best time slip on 93.

Now I installed the OEM flex fuel setup on my truck prior to the supercharger and I was running the truck on e85 when it was NA. I wanted to see the limits of the stock fuel system with e85. We started on e20 and worked our way up. My truck is able to run up to e35 safely and that is when we really had fun with the truck.

Quick little run up to 134 on a closed road.

First trip to the track on e35

Now this is the same tune as my 12.7 passes which this was my previous best pass.

With that exact same tune only change was taking that intake tube off and replacing it with the Green Filter and finally having cool air and the DA in the low hundreds this was the result.

I am very very happy with this kit and can't say enough about how well my tuck is running for those three mods of the ProCharger kit, Circle D stall, and a Klug Performance tune running e35. The next step will be headers and see if with just the headers and some more tuning tweaks we can see a 11.99 time slip out of this little 5.3 motor in this heavy 5600 lbs truck with me in it. I hope this post helps anyone looking to put this kit on there 2014+ GM truck.

Last edited by Gorske; 10-17-2018 at 02:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
cheyenne383 (10-17-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve been following your build and progress and have to say that you inspired me to pull the trigger on a blower for my truck. I have 2017 6.2 Sierra, the truck already had long tubes on it and I knew I wanted a blower, just couldn’t decide on what direction I wanted to go in, I ultimately ended up with a procharger. I just picked the truck up today from my tuner, I’m super pumped on how it turned out all around. I’m gonna see if I can make it to the track this weekend and see what it’ll do.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 11z71
I’ve been following your build and progress and have to say that you inspired me to pull the trigger on a blower for my truck. I have 2017 6.2 Sierra, the truck already had long tubes on it and I knew I wanted a blower, just couldn’t decide on what direction I wanted to go in, I ultimately ended up with a procharger. I just picked the truck up today from my tuner, I’m super pumped on how it turned out all around. I’m gonna see if I can make it to the track this weekend and see what it’ll do.
Glad my posts and progress could help you. I look forward to hearing how you like it. Can't wait to see the times as well. For me it's been a good kit for my truck.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

how do you think the pro charher would be for a 5.3 2wd for a fun/ towing application? I know the TVS is supposed to be the best but.....
Old 10-18-2018, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1redta
how do you think the pro charher would be for a 5.3 2wd for a fun/ towing application? I know the TVS is supposed to be the best but.....
I have not towed anything with my truck since I put on the kit. I was actually going to make a video today to show how the kit builds boost under normal driving. I'll actually have it up here soon to show you. At WOT it builds boost right away once your over 3200 rpm. However normal driving it's a little different I guess.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Boost under normal driving and me talking about running e35 on my truck. Also apparently switching out the intake with the air filter and the cooler air my truck is now making 12psi verus the 10psi it was making prior to the intake removal.

Last edited by Gorske; 10-18-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read this with interest. My truck is similar except positive displacement and is running LT4 HPFP and stock LPFP. I plan to do the same alcohol tests on the 26th. Couple of questions:
Did you log any data especially fuel pressures and a/f ratio?
I assume your Z71 is 4wd and all runs are in 4wd. Traction control on or off? Did you try any in 2wd?
Old 10-19-2018, 04:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Littlefield
I read this with interest. My truck is similar except positive displacement and is running LT4 HPFP and stock LPFP. I plan to do the same alcohol tests on the 26th. Couple of questions:
Did you log any data especially fuel pressures and a/f ratio?
I assume your Z71 is 4wd and all runs are in 4wd. Traction control on or off? Did you try any in 2wd?
My tuner logged all the fueling and everything looked good with e35. I don't have HP Tuners so I just do data logs when I'm out at his house or at the track. He has all that data. I'm lucky that my tuner is a close friend. With my truck I normally launch in 4wd with traction control off. Auto 4 is hit and miss and will hesitate once in a while on the launch. That is why I always use 4hi. 2wd it just spins the tires so bad I don't even both trying anymore in 2wd lol.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. My truck has a manual transfer case. Think I’ll try at least one run with 2wd traction control on just to see the difference.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 191 Likes on 149 Posts

What were the before green filter and after IATs?

Quick Reply: My 2017 Silverado 5.3 ProCharger build.