FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Magnavolt W/ Whipple s/c????

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnavolt W/ Whipple s/c????

Well i just got a Magnavolt pump booster for X-mas and was wondering if it possible to use it with my whipple s/c. Also it didn't come with instructions and i can't find any instructions on the install besides for a SSR which doesn't really help me much.

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

I believe whipples already have something similar. The only difference is they call it a boost-a-pump.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

I wasn't aware of that. I thought that the whipple only had the ecu that monitors other components to lower boost when necessary. If i was to take off all the whippletronics would i be able to put the Magnavolt on then. When i was reading the installation instructions on the SSR, There is a vaccume line from the Magnavolt itself that goes to the Magnusun charger and wan't sure where i was supposed to hook it up on the whipple.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 12-28-2006, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

from what i have been reading only the 6.0 motors use the Boost-a-pump and not the 5.3's.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by foxySS
I believe whipples already have something similar. The only difference is they call it a boost-a-pump.
Thought that was Kenne Bell, no?
Old 12-28-2006, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by silver-bullet
I wasn't aware of that. I thought that the whipple only had the ecu that monitors other components to lower boost when necessary. If i was to take off all the whippletronics would i be able to put the Magnavolt on then. When i was reading the installation instructions on the SSR, There is a vaccume line from the Magnavolt itself that goes to the Magnusun charger and wan't sure where i was supposed to hook it up on the whipple.

Anyone else have any ideas?
I recommend the removal of the Whippletronics, use injectors rated for your expected horsepower level, back it up with a fuel pump and control it with a fuel pressure regulator (if possible - return style) as close to the rail as possible. If you have or can make provisions for a return style fuel system then all the better... The Magnavolt can certainly help supply the extra voltage as necessary via boost monitoring...

Just my opinion...
Old 12-29-2006, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

I just need to know if i can hook it up with the whipple. If not i will just return it.

Is the vaccume line that the Magnavolt connects to, is that just indicating how much boost is going through the engine to detect how much voltage to use? If so then is it possible to just hook it up to where i have my boost gauge connected?
Old 12-29-2006, 03:15 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-bullet
I just need to know if i can hook it up with the whipple. If not i will just return it.

Is the vaccume line that the Magnavolt connects to, is that just indicating how much boost is going through the engine to detect how much voltage to use? If so then is it possible to just hook it up to where i have my boost gauge connected?
Yes.

From the Mag site:

A digital, dual-input fuel voltage controller is available for sale individually, and as an upgrade to the Magna Charger line of supercharger systems. The digital function has the advantage of linear power flow and reliability. The Magna-Volt will allow for high-performance fuel delivery based on 2 variables; RPM and boost. When the Magna-Volt sees a predetermined RPM and boost level, it increases voltage to the stock fuel pump to 17 volts at 20 amps. Using 2 variables maximizes fuel economy and pump life, while still allowing for the high performance modifications enthusiasts love. The Magna-Volt will come pre-set and ready to install with wiring harness and full color installation instructions.

· Full Digital Operation – Integrated digital operation features modern technology.

· Dual Input – While reserving room for additional input, the unit is currently designed to monitor both boost and RPM, raising fuel pressure only when needed. This method ensures better performance, mileage and long pump life.

· Stock pump – The Magna-Volt was designed to work with the stock fuel pump, alleviating extra expense and labor.

· Plug-and-play – Nothing to set or adjust, the Magna-Volt arrives pre-set. Installation harness and instructions are included.

· Trusted Performance – 3 year warranty, fully fused circuit protection.

For additional information on the Magna-Volt, or any other Magnuson Products contact them at:
www.magnusonproducts.com or: Magnuson Products, 1990 Knoll Drive, Ventura, CA 93003. (805) 289-0044 or info@magnusonproducts.com.