FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

LQ4 swap complete

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:25 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when people say don't rely on meth too much. do they mean don't use it as fuel just cooling and octane or what? before i got meth everybody said " get it get it get it" now i read don't rely on it all the time too. just looking for clarification is all. i kow if mine goes out the iat's will sky rocket and pull major timing.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ktransam
What cam were you running with that setup? I would like to hit the 550rwhp mark and see how well Perfomabuilt builds there level 3 transmission. I only have two or three weeks left on my trans warrenty so I want to get it to the track soon.
gt2-3
Old 09-30-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

effing double post action
Old 09-30-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4.8T
when people say don't rely on meth too much. do they mean don't use it as fuel just cooling and octane or what? before i got meth everybody said " get it get it get it" now i read don't rely on it all the time too. just looking for clarification is all. i kow if mine goes out the iat's will sky rocket and pull major timing.
What people are saying is don't count on the meth for fuel, like the op was talking about with adding boost when his injectors are for the most part maxed out and then relying on the meth for the rest of it. Then if something were to happen such as the pump go out, instant lean and boom. From the what you stated you seem to have the right idea for using meth. It is a safety net, not a fueling solution, only use it to cool the intake charge and raise octane.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jbusmc1986
What people are saying is don't count on the meth for fuel, like the op was talking about with adding boost when his injectors are for the most part maxed out and then relying on the meth for the rest of it. Then if something were to happen such as the pump go out, instant lean and boom. From the what you stated you seem to have the right idea for using meth. It is a safety net, not a fueling solution, only use it to cool the intake charge and raise octane.
And what happens when your fuel pump goes out?? About the same odds.... Both are electric motors driven pumps...

Sound like it's a BEAST!!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kbracing96
And what happens when your fuel pump goes out?? About the same odds.... Both are electric motors driven pumps...

Sound like it's a BEAST!!
I agree with you KB. Granted I need to get some 60's for my setup but I don't see why a properly tuned and monitered setup wouldn't be safe using meth for extra fuel. I know there is at least one guy on this site running 11's on 42lb injectors and three meth nozzles. Furthermore, anybody that has meth on there vehicle and has there motor tuned to run it would be running the same risk of leaning out. I hope this motor stays together for a long time but it was only $1k delivered and I did the swap by myself so I can always just do it again but faster this time.

Kyle, it does feel like a beast but I will never be able to keep up with you.LOL
Old 09-30-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with you KB. Granted I need to get some 60's for my setup but I don't see why a properly tuned and monitered setup wouldn't be safe using meth for extra fuel. I know there is at least one guy on this site running 11's on 42lb injectors and three meth nozzles. Furthermore, anybody that has meth on there vehicle and has there motor tuned to run it would be running the same risk of leaning out. I hope this motor stays together for a long time but it was only $1k delivered and I did the swap by myself so I can always just do it again but faster this time.

Kyle, it does feel like a beast but I will never be able to keep up with you.LOL
haha, you could right now, my ****'s broke
Old 09-30-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

haha, you could right now, my ****'s broke
What did you do now?
Old 09-30-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

What did you do now?
Let just say it's nothing a 4l80 cant fix,
Old 09-30-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let just say it's nothing a 4l80 cant fix,
That's not good to hear. I was hoping that my 60e would hold. Perfomabuilt thinks it will but there not sure because it's a heavy truck. What broke in your trans?

Quick Reply: LQ4 swap complete