Old 04-22-2006, 11:09 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Walmart sucks! Nobody should shop there
Old 04-22-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Soon2bSpooled
i'd rather have the timex...you can buy a new band for those at wal-mart for 6 dollars and get batteries replaced for free.... they both keep time

i dont want to get into a debate because we all have our different opinions, thats why you are a dodge guy and im a chevy guy, i'll just accept that we both love our vehicles and more than that love making them go fast.

Not trying to get into a debate either. I was just trying to show that cost does not always equate with speed. There are a lot of cars that cost more then my truck that are slower. 1/4 mile runs are not the only measure of a vehicle.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:56 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have less than $50k in my truck for low 10's. actualy i have closer to $40k but i got a few "killer" deals so it would cost closer to $50k to copy. i got it into the high $10's for under $30k and that was with no "killer" deals from anyone, anyone could copy that set up.

not that it matters. if you can get an srt10 for under $40k that doesn't seem like too bad of a price. they are sweet looking trucks. i am suprised the sts's are not working out. any ideas on what the exact problems are? the only thing i can think of is a 500ci motor will have a lot of exhaust flow and maybe the turbo is choking it off. you might need a really big exhaust side. if pistons are breaking it is probably in the tune.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:32 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

this is getting interesting, AMERICAN_HP is expecting 700/700:
Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
The car hits the rollers today..Depending on how the day goes, hopefully we'll have some #'s tonight. If not, it will be finished tomorrow.

As long as I'm over 700/700 I am happy. I personally dont think thats gonna be a problem, but thats what I wanted. A solid, reliable, consistant, and semi-quiet street car. If I pull out 700/700 I feel this car will be wellll below it potential, therefore nowhere near the mechanical limits of the motor. I would love to have a 60K mile capable 700rwhp street car.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Former Moderator :(

I guess about 580 rwhp on 13 lbs boost and 625 on 17 lbs
Old 04-22-2006, 05:42 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash Dummy
I guess about 580 rwhp on 13 lbs boost and 625 on 17 lbs
I'm sure that would be a huge bummer for that guy
Old 04-22-2006, 07:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by parish8
i have less than $50k in my truck for low 10's. actualy i have closer to $40k but i got a few "killer" deals so it would cost closer to $50k to copy. i got it into the high $10's for under $30k and that was with no "killer" deals from anyone, anyone could copy that set up.

not that it matters. if you can get an srt10 for under $40k that doesn't seem like too bad of a price. they are sweet looking trucks. i am suprised the sts's are not working out. any ideas on what the exact problems are? the only thing i can think of is a 500ci motor will have a lot of exhaust flow and maybe the turbo is choking it off. you might need a really big exhaust side. if pistons are breaking it is probably in the tune.

Check out this thread about the pistons.
http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/sho...highlight=club
Old 04-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Former Moderator :(

What no numbers yet? that don't surprize me the next thing we will here is it would have it it could have stories.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by moregrip
Personally, I love the SRT-10. You've hit on some very important and often overlooked attributes. One cool thing about these factory truck rods is they come right out of the shute with beefed up tranny, driveshaft, rearend, big brakes, big wheels, tires, suspension, engine etc.

They are awesome trucks anyway you slice it. IMO of course
As far as watches, I wear my Tag watch more than my Rolex, I like my Rolex better, but the Tag gets more use.

When I totaled my 2002 Lightning and was in the market for another vehicle I drove everything from Z06 Corvette, Range Rover, Tahoe, Escalade, even had the dealer bring in a Joe Gibbs Silverado to test drive. I actually test drove a 2004 SRT-10 and was willing to pay the $50,000 for the reasons of: few of them out there, 6-speed tranny, upgraded wheels, 500 watt system, but I want a truck to tow with and if I added a trailer hitch they said it would void the warranty,

When people are saying how much they have invested in their trucks, are they including the price of the truck?? If so then I was close to $45,000 in my 2002 L.

I bought my 2004 Lightning because: paid $27,000, they aren't being made any more, holds geat value on Kelly Blue Book, and well its not a "Rolex" more of a Tag, great to daily drive and gets the most bang for the buck. With the system, mods, soon to be KB 2.6, labor, etc I should be back around $40,000 invested

Back on topic, calling Kenne Bell this week to order a 2.6, on their site they said they will be shipping on the 15th, hopefully!!!

Last edited by BC Lightning; 04-23-2006 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was not in anyway trying to say any one vehicle was the Rolex and one was the Timex. I was just using the 2 as an example. I bought my truck for 39K. I added the stage 2 flash for $150.00 and ran 12.7 for total less then 40K.

When I was referring to getting into the 10's for less then 50K I was including the cost of the truck. Which is roughly 25-30K (for new trucks). I know there are used ones that cost less. So say 20K for a stock whatever. You are looking at some bucks to get that thing into the 10's.

Originally Posted by BC Lightning
but I want a truck to tow with and if I added a trailer hitch they said it would void the warranty,
The QC's can tow. The RC can also, but will void the warranty.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell 2.6L installed pics/vid