FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Kenne Bell 2.6L installed pics/vid

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
are thye making the 2.6 for the lightnings too, that blower is absolutely gorgeous! imagine a 408 with that!!
You bet they are.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went and checked out the vette today and they said it was a 402 I stand corrected. They should have dyno#'s buy sunday.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2004SSS
are thye making the 2.6 for the lightnings too, that blower is absolutely gorgeous! imagine a 408 with that!!

non sponsor link

yup, I called todayto order one as well as a buddy of mine, and couldnt get ahold of them

Last edited by moregrip; 04-21-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:52 AM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

i'll second the SRT-10 being slow, any TRUCK that you spend 50,000 dollars on should already be in the 10's as far as im concerned...if you are only getting 500 hp out of a TEN cylinder engine and you are paying that much money you are insane....ill stick with my 5.3l (or 6.0) and about 25 extra thousand dollars to put the power issue to shame and the price level equal....

but back to the KB....that system looks amazing...
Old 04-22-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Soon2bSpooled
i'll second the SRT-10 being slow, any TRUCK that you spend 50,000 dollars on should already be in the 10's as far as im concerned...if you are only getting 500 hp out of a TEN cylinder engine and you are paying that much money you are insane....ill stick with my 5.3l (or 6.0) and about 25 extra thousand dollars to put the power issue to shame and the price level equal.......

1. I paid less then 40k for mine. And you can get them at that price now.
2. With intake/exhaust/pcm flash I ran 12.7 on street tires. How much to get your truck in the 12's on street tires at full weight?
3. Price includes 500 watt stereo. Big *** brakes. Room for 6. Nav unit, etc.

I can buy a Timex a lot cheaper than a Rolex. Which one do you want?

50k in the 10's? Not realistic. I know some L's that are in the 10's. It takes a lot to go that fast. And even then it's on slicks, with race gas and with just about everything taking off the truck that's not welded down. Not to mention all the engine work which usually includes a blown engine or two. Start keeping a total of everything you do to your truck and let me know how much it cost to get into the 11's. And then let me know how streetable the truck is.

Smoke
Old 04-22-2006, 09:24 AM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

Originally Posted by FlyingLow
i'd rather have the timex...you can buy a new band for those at wal-mart for 6 dollars and get batteries replaced for free.... they both keep time

i dont want to get into a debate because we all have our different opinions, thats why you are a dodge guy and im a chevy guy, i'll just accept that we both love our vehicles and more than that love making them go fast.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:44 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

2. With intake/exhaust/pcm flash I ran 12.7 on street tires. How much to get your truck in the 12's on street tires at full weight?

50k in the 10's? Not realistic. I know some L's that are in the 10's. It takes a lot to go that fast. And even then it's on slicks, with race gas and with just about everything taking off the truck that's not welded down. Not to mention all the engine work which usually includes a blown engine or two. Start keeping a total of everything you do to your truck and let me know how much it cost to get into the 11's. And then let me know how streetable the truck is.

Smoke
Personally, I love the SRT-10. You've hit on some very important and often overlooked attributes. One cool thing about these factory truck rods is they come right out of the shute with beefed up tranny, driveshaft, rearend, big brakes, big wheels, tires, suspension, engine etc.

They are awesome trucks anyway you slice it. IMO of course

Last edited by moregrip; 04-22-2006 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 09:45 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Soon2bSpooled
i'll just accept that we both love our vehicles and more than that love making them go fast.
absolutely
Old 04-22-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Smoke
Good point, I did not realize how much money I had in my typhoon untill a lady hit it and totaled it out. I had 60,000 in reciepts, and that was only to go low 11's. The stock motor and a built motor/trans. (20k in stereo)Street driven all wheel drive everyday low 11's. That was the idea anyways, the truck never made it to the track. sad but true! This corvette may run a 10 sec run and he has over 80k invested in this car (at least,I am guessing) It adds up quick!
Old 04-22-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Resident

I think I have about $25-30k invested in my truck now. Very reliable, streatable, and not bad at all on gas. (I bought the truck for 12k used) I built it to be able to keep up with the srt-10. I am happy with it. I can't wait to see this car run or see the dyno numbers, the word is it's going to be big #'s. I think rick is going to have the tuning done this weakend. I cant wait. Some are worried that the clutch may not be able to hold the power this thing makes. I dont know what the power rateing is on the clutch but its a cartech. I here its a really good clutch.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell 2.6L installed pics/vid