FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

I have a boosted dilema. opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Just so you know the LS7 and LS3 tb's are not the same.
Hmm I did not know that. I got it new off of eBay, and it was listed at LS3 LS7 TB. It has a gold glade, and I tried it both ways with the pink wires cut, and not cut.

I am using EFI Live.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
Has your tuner made any changes to the ETC Predicted Airflow tables to correct for the increased calculated flow?
Yes. There are several different tables. The only code I am getting is P2101 saying that the blade is restricted. (Basically from.what I have gathered, the actual TPS does not match the desired TPS at the TAC module).
Old 06-18-2012, 11:39 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
Hmm I did not know that. I got it new off of eBay, and it was listed at LS3 LS7 TB. It has a gold glade, and I tried it both ways with the pink wires cut, and not cut.

I am using EFI Live.
Damn, I'm not gonna be much help then. I ran into this on a mailorder tuned truck, and the tuner had made some changes to a table that shouldn't have been touched. I set it back to stock & fixed the problem.

Not that it matters, but I don't exactly have a "warm fuzzy" feeling about an ebay DBW throttle body, especially when listed as "fits all". I'd be looking to borrow a known-good throttle body. One that has been proven on a PD blower already.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:33 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the blade is trying to get sucked closed (ie restricted) soon as that happens the computer shuts it down. I've read good things about the nick Williams tb's. maybe that would help you out. They make from 90 to 102mm. Anytime the tb can't move or tries to close the computer with shut it down. Mine did this when I polished it and it had a slight drag to it. It felt fine to me but the computer didn't like it. After I aligned the blade better it was fine.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:54 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Hmmm. Gold blade should be LS3, this is what I have. ( opens opposite LS7 from what I recall, LS7/LS2 are same I believe) I have heard of this issue alot on truck throttle bodies but not the LS3. If you send me a copy of your tune I can look to see if I see anything. I had a 87mm truck TB that would act up similar on a TBSS I tuned.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:36 AM
TECH Junkie

I will get a copy of my tune posted up after work. I am going to run it tonight without my CAI and see if that helps. It might be directing the air in an angle causing that problem. If that is the case, I would think I could weld a divider in the middle of the pipe.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had good luck so far with my NW102 throttle body. Be advised that if you go up to the 102 you will have to port the inlet of the maggie or the TB blade will hit and send you into REP mode again.

I also think Supersub has had good luck with the TPIS throttle body and even has a hookup for preported maggie front inlets.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
Well I have had my truck for 3 years, and have been plagued with Reduced Engine Power. I have seen people run into this problem, and I have never seen anyone resolve it. I have everything in my sig. I am just at the point where I am maxing out my 2 bar. Whenever the boost gets high, it goes into REP. I have exhausted every possible solution that I know of to resolve the problem with no luck. I have talked to numerous people, any nobody has a resolution. I basically have a few options.

1. Get rid of the truck.

2. Try to switch to a cable TB (Many people say it can be done, but after a ton of looking I can't find anyone).

3. Switch to a turbo as I have never seen the P2101 problem when you are pushing air through the TB.

4. Find another option.

Any thoughts
Had pretty much the same issue, fixed it with a NW 102mm DBW throttle body.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Now I have to decide if I want to spend $600 on a TB that might fix the problem...
Old 06-20-2012, 04:43 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats different about other guys DBW trucks with centrifugal chargers?

Why wouldnt Mangled have this issue?

Quick Reply: I have a boosted dilema. opinions please