FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

How is everyones Fuel Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting some pretty scary reports from people on the issue. Some people in the know of the business say that it is VERY common to top up station fills with whatever is left in their tanks to save time. It can mean premium in the regular holding tanks, or the time bomb of regular in the premium holding tanks...

My main direction on this issue as a tuner is to see what kind of regulation there is in the business. We are dealing with cars now days like the new ZR1 and any supercharged car that can end in disaster even on a stock vehicle if we are not getting what we think we are.

The major point is that there should not be even a 1 in 10 chance of getting poor quality fuel, it can hurt our increased effort engines in a hurry.

Over in Europe they sell 92 octane fuel as a low grade, all the way up to a 95-98 as a premium fuel. Why are we not getting that same quality of fuel?

I don't know about you guys... but when I am paying more than twice what I did for gas two years ago... it better damn well have some quality control standards in place to keep things real.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrX
It all comes from the same Esso bulk storage facility here anyway. Doesn't matter what brand name is on the pump.
i'm probably a bit biased towards shell cause we used to own a station, but we brought that up with them one time and were told that it does indeed come from the same place but shell then adds all there own additives. I know we have never had a problem with it anyways.