FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

How is everyones Fuel Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is everyones Fuel Quality?

I am getting extemely frustrated with our gas quality since the price has been going through the roof. I have been bringing the topic up on the Canadian message boards I am on since it is close to home, but thought I would check with everyone down south to see how the quality is.

There has been a WAY beyond coincidental decline in the quality of our premium fuel in the last 6 months. It has been verified time and time again by vehicles that are un-able to run normal timing values during tunes.

Have any of you guys been noticing more fuel related issues?
Old 07-07-2008, 08:14 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't noticed a change but Californian gas is consistantly crappy. The Meth helps a little I hope.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

blame Canada
Old 07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Launching!

I have run into this quite a bit with my race sleds and it has cost me a few engines. I just try to buy my fuel from a high volume, major brand station like shell or esso and its usually all right.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Theres a chain here called Enmark, when I worked at the dealership we had a bunch of cars and trucks come in with clogged injectors and bad pumps cause the gas had crap in it. They have the cheapest gas but I never buy it from there. Ive been using BP, I seem to get better mileage. I don't know about that "invigorate" stuff they've been talking about but it seems to be good to me.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Launching!

we have found that some stations to avoid up here are co-op, mohawk, fas gas, 7-11 or any no name ones. At least those are ones that have gave our sleds trouble anyways. The lower grade ones with a slight ethenal blend will run a bit leaner too.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Default No problem here, except......

The damn price! I only run Chevron fuel so its always good quality, at least so far.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 150 Posts

I've always bought BP 93 octane locally, in metropolitan Chicago. Starting this year, it has been knock juice. But if I drive 25 miles further from the city than I already am and buy the same brand, it is like race fuel.
I have been having good luck with Mobil recently, though. Shell is the same as my local BP, and both are no better than any of the non-top three stations.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Fuel in Florida sucks! Every gas station is now 10% ethanol and the **** make every thing run like ****. Truck knocks and has no power, four wheeler has 110 in it now just so it will stop starving for fuel.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:46 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Our regular gas is now required by law to be at least 5% ethanol. Soon it will be 10%. Funny that the octane ratings did not go up when the ethanol was added. So they are obviously using crappier gas.

I use the 94 octane 10% ethanol blend from Mohawk. Everything else really sucks. It all comes from the same Esso bulk storage facility here anyway. Doesn't matter what brand name is on the pump. I even see a lot of tankers from various US chains coming up here to load up.

Quick Reply: How is everyones Fuel Quality?