FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Help procharged People

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 12:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help procharged People

Hi everyone.. I recently got a procharger kit that came from a 06 silverado,. it is the P1SC1..
I been working on my 1993 LS ford lightning (5.3L engine) installing this kit on it,
Can anybody make me a big favor an take measurements of the spacers that goes betwen the supercharger bracket and the alternator/steering pump mount??
There are 5 spacers 2 spacers goes betwen the supercharger bracket and alternator bolts and the other 3 spacers goes betwen the spercharger bracket and 3 bolts of the alternator/powersteering bolts.. i dont have those spacers so if anybody help me with that i can make those and finish the installation
Old 05-27-2013, 12:28 AM
TECH Veteran

This is from the install manual that came with my Procharger kit. This is for a NNBS, not sure if the spacing would be different for your setup or not but hope this helps.

Also remember the two spacers for the alternator are counter bored.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
This is from the install manual that came with my Procharger kit. This is for a NNBS, not sure if the spacing would be different for your setup or not but hope this helps.

Wow..!!! really fast response, im 99 sure it will work,, i really apreciate it thank you,, since we are here id like to get opinions on my build,, i installed the intercooler in front of the radiator behind the grill, what you guys think about this???,, for the fuel system i have an intank walbro GSS341 and i have a 60lb siemens short injectors with spacers to fit on my fuel rails (03 silverado return style fuel rails, im using 3inch alum piping, and plan to use card tyle maf, and will use BOV.. i will stick with a MAF tune as recomendation from justin black bear performance, because i just plan to use like 8-10 lbs,
Old 05-27-2013, 01:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Behind the grill should be fine, lots of people do that with no issues. With your setup 60lb injectors should handle that power you will be making just fine. I believe they use 3" tubing in their kits for the P1 so that's also good.

Should be a fun truck. Post up some pics. Also save up for the big red BOV. The stock black one sucks.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:32 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ak2007r6

Do not use counter bored spacers on the alternator. You'll never get it to stay tight like it should be, and could/will cause belt issues.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Blown06
Do not use counter bored spacers on the alternator. You'll never get it to stay tight like it should be, and could/will cause belt issues.
That's what the kits come with. I will have to look at it again but not sure how a regular spacer would work in there.

See pic below. Not near truck but are you removing those spacer or inserts where the bolts go into?? Won't sit flush without removing those right?

Old 05-28-2013, 12:47 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I forget how I fixed the alt issue, because I was getting slip with the P1. Once i fixed it, it went away. I would run a standard style MAF. I have heard from a few guys that do some tuning that they are a PITA.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:51 AM
TECH Veteran

I just tightened the hell out of the alternator but it took a while till it really tightened down and was not going anywhere. I just made a mental note to check it more often.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:22 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

There is no way to tighten the bolt enough with a counter spacer to get the alternator tight. The bushing that the bolt normally presses on is what holds the alternator tight, not the aluminum.

You use a spacer that is shortened the amount the bushing needs to stick out. Somebody find that right up I did about it............
Old 05-29-2013, 12:55 AM
TECH Veteran

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...s-p1sc-490874/

There is an issue with the procharger brackets the way they come from procharger on the 99+ kits. You'll notice that there are two bushings (one for each bolt) in the alt. bracket, that when tightened (without the procharger bracket) push on the alternator to squeeze it tight inside the bracket. The standoffs (bolt spacers) that come with the kit that are used on the alt bolts have a counter bore in them that are meant to clear the shoulder on the bushing in the alt bracket. The problem with this is that now the alternator really has nothing to squeeze it tight in the bracket and with the procharger kit installed is now "floating" the alternator. Much like how a brake caliper floats in the bracket.

This can and does create all types of problems including but not limited to belt slip, improper belt alignment, broken alt brackets, worn out alt bearings, broken alt bodies......

The fix is to measure the correct standoff between the bracket and the bushing to get the alternator to tighten back up in the bracket. Then machine the standoff or bolt spacer to that length and don't counter bore it. Let it push against the bushing.

Not sure if your problem is related to this, but every procharger truck I've seen with stock style brackets on it, you can reach over grab the alternator and it rocks back and forth.

Quick Reply: Help procharged People