FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Crank pulley/balancer options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Crank pulley/balancer options?

I did a search but didn't find anything. Are there an other stock or oversized pulley options for the truck acc spacing or are all the blower guys using the stock crank pulley? It would be nice if we had a good stock or oversized dampener/balancer rather than the plain cast stock piece.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:51 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

I had ATI build me a stock diameter super damper for my truck. It is keyed also, so I didn't have to do the crappy crank pin thing. I didn't know this at the time but they off an 8-rib conversion kit for the trucks. comes with super damper and accessory pulleys but it like $1100. I'm sure they offer an 8" pulley as well. Thats what I will be going with once my fuel system is up to snuff. You can also check out moregrip's thread on his never ending setup. He got an 8" balancer for his.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try this website-

http://shopping.madscienceparts.com/...26c09a76aaa7c5
Old 06-15-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of supercharger are you planning?I went with the ATI damper in stock diameter,I was afraid of overboosting my new setup with a 8" damper.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ATI's balancer is 2% underdrive... available in 6 rib. Not that its a big deal. 8 rib could be done at a special order request. Innovators West is the only company I know that makes an oversize balancer for GENIII trucks... and its 8-rib. madscienceparts carries the Innovators West setup complete with spacer and longer bolt. moregrip has one and is the guy who did all the research on the Innovators setup as well as being gracious enough to post all the part numbers and dimensions of parts he used.

Bill
Old 06-17-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by whitt1
What kind of supercharger are you planning?I went with the ATI damper in stock diameter,I was afraid of overboosting my new setup with a 8" damper.
I am planning on a KB 2.8 on a Fe 370. I plan on sticking with the stock 4" upper pully till I get comfortable with the setup. I guess I need to do my math to see what sort of blower rpm I will get with an 8" lower. Right now I believe 3.5" is the smallest blower pully for the KB snouts.

I will check into the ATI and IW setups.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:00 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKID
I am planning on a KB 2.8 on a Fe 370. I plan on sticking with the stock 4" upper pully till I get comfortable with the setup. I guess I need to do my math to see what sort of blower rpm I will get with an 8" lower. Right now I believe 3.5" is the smallest blower pully for the KB snouts.

I will check into the ATI and IW setups.
Are you planning on going 8 rib as well?
You can get 8" crank dampers/pulleys from ATI or IW.

Originally I sent IW a stock truck crank pulley so they could get all thier data points to produce them, they are SFI certified (as is ATI) and weigh exactly the same as the stock balancer which is nice considering its increased size.

I recommend, since your rebuilding your motor as well, sending your stuff to either WCCH or JPA, both sponsors. They both use Rex to build thier engines who is very familiar with the type of build your looking to do, just read my sig and you'll see what I'm talking about. VERY similar to your needs. Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because there are a few minor details to look out for, 1st, since your wanting a larger crank pulley, it will come keyed. While you have your stock crank out, assuming you send it to WCCH/JPA, the machine shop & balance shop are right next door. Assuming you use the Probe stuff, your whole rotating assembly will be lightened; while your in there get your stock crank keyed, and your reluctor wheel zapped. Have everything balanced! from the damper to the flexplate!

Here are some pics to show you what I mean:

hardware you will need to run the IW damper

Old 06-17-2007, 02:03 PM
what a rush!

get your stock crank keyed:

Old 06-17-2007, 02:06 PM
what a rush!

if you use the Probe stuff like this:

Old 06-17-2007, 02:08 PM
what a rush!

get your stock crank lightened and rebalanced:

and the reluctor zapped for high rpm!

Quick Reply: Crank pulley/balancer options?