FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

beautiful twins

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:17 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by parish8
i sent it in for a check up. Chuck at FLT said everything is looking good. he is puting a billet input shaft in there while it is apart. i am also geting the stall bumped up a little and they are going to check out the tcase.

i didn't really want to send my tranny off while it was working well but Chuck insisted on seeing it and the tcase. i really think the FLT built 4l80e is about the badest tranny on the planet. where else can you get a tranny that holds 1000+rwhp dependably in a 5000lb truck? where else can you get the killer customer support that FLT gives? where else can you get a tranny with over drive, lock up converter, auto shifts not much harder than stock that can hold up to lots of hp?

I COMPLETELY agree. Chuck is badass!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:26 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
i sent it in for a check up. Chuck at FLT said everything is looking good. he is puting a billet input shaft in there while it is apart. i am also geting the stall bumped up a little and they are going to check out the tcase.

i didn't really want to send my tranny off while it was working well but Chuck insisted on seeing it and the tcase. i really think the FLT built 4l80e is about the badest tranny on the planet. where else can you get a tranny that holds 1000+rwhp dependably in a 5000lb truck? where else can you get the killer customer support that FLT gives? where else can you get a tranny with over drive, lock up converter, auto shifts not much harder than stock that can hold up to lots of hp?

was the cryo treated input shaft not good enough? lol is that still a stock 2500 t-case?
Old 05-25-2006, 04:09 PM
single digit dreamer

stock 2500 tcase and yes the shaft was cryoed. i think chuck is more than happy with how long the cryo treated shaft has lasted but wants to step up to the billet one now.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the stock shaft forged or powdered metal??
Either way a billet cryo treated shaft should be nearly indestructable.
I guess we will see after your first few dyno runs when you get her tuned.
What are the specs compared to the stocker as far as dimensions go?
Does it get beefed up in certain areas or is it just a stock replica built from billet round stock?
Sorry for all the damm questions Parish.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Teching In

i know im new to the site, but i have seen your videos and i must say your an insparation to alot of us guys with trucks, little lone fabricators and machinest, keep up the good work cant wait to see it spin them on the dyno!!!
Old 05-29-2006, 07:48 PM
single digit dreamer

i dont know what the stock shaft is made out of. chuck cryo treated the stock shaft but now he is puting a billet shaft in there. i dont think the billet shaft is cryo treated, i think being billet it has the advantags of the cryo but even better. i dont know if any changes were made to the billet shaft but i do think it is a better material to start with. chuck would know some of this stuff, i just let him handle it, he is the man.

Char, i am glad you are "inspired". i didn't know much about anything when i first came to this site. my previous experience with hotrods consisted of simple bolt ons like headers and nitrous. there is soo much experience here and on ls1tech it has given me the confidence to try more and more things. fabing up this twin turbo set is a real challange for me and so far it seems to be turning out prety good. if i get everything to work and my headers dont fall apart i might try fabing up more of an "ideal" race set up but for now i have to stick with what i can handle.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:59 PM
single digit dreamer

i relocated some of the wireing today. i got 2 good sized harneses that were close to the turbo and down pipe pushed way back under the wheel well. i also got the computer relocated back behind the fuse box and i laid the big harness that runs near the one turbos back on top of the brake booster. i will need to extend a few wires but i wont have to mess with any of the really fat groups of wires. it looks to me like i will have a lot of clearance around both turbos.

i pulled out the motor for the last time i hope and taped in another drain line fitting. i still need to work on the relocating the brake lines and proportioning valve. i have some ideas for making the 2 intercoolers into one wide one with a common plenum in the center, i think that will work out well but my aluminum welding skills are not up to the task. i am either going to have to practice up or get a pro to help me out. things are coming along ok especialy since i only work on it maybe an hour a day. september(drag week) isn't that far away, i might have to step it up a little to get done in time.

i am geting ready to order the materials for the charge pipes, stuff for intercooler mods, and exhaust. i also need to figure out what i need to do to move the battery. twins are expensive but i am geting some prety high quality parts. lots of pics here >> http://www.neufamily.org/images/turboworkgallery/

Last edited by parish8; 05-29-2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good to see your making progress but those log manifolds are never going to produce any power.

Old 05-29-2006, 08:05 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by mjhoward
Good to see your making progress but those log manifolds are never going to produce any power.

, as long as they make 600-700rwhp each i will be happy
Old 05-30-2006, 06:45 PM
12 Second Truck Club

can you explain how you got your ecu like that is it mounted or just sitting there?
i put mine here but if i could lay it down and put the bracket back on it would be great

Quick Reply: beautiful twins