FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

beautiful twins

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 07:06 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it is just laying there but i cut the cover to fit and it is prety much locked in place. you can see i trimed up the cover and then there is a piece of plastic under there that sticks strait up, i cut that down a ways too. i messed with that for awhile trying to get it to fit someplace good that didn't interfear with the hood spring.

here is a better pic.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:25 PM
12 Second Truck Club

yeah mine doesn't touch the spring either its close. it is sqeezed in there something vicious. pretty sure its not moving. so any plans to make a single manifold set up for us guys that have a turbo but no hot pipes?
Old 05-30-2006, 07:50 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by 4.8T
yeah mine doesn't touch the spring either its close. it is sqeezed in there something vicious. pretty sure its not moving. so any plans to make a single manifold set up for us guys that have a turbo but no hot pipes?
if this set up works out i was kind of considering doing a super budget turbo set up and see if anyone is interested but for that to work i will need a completely stock truck. my plan would be use many of the cheapest parts i can find like the master power turbo, weld up a manifold out of the thick pipe. maybe no intercooler, leave that to the buyer but for that i would sugest a meth kit first(takes care of fuel system needs too). maybe install and tune for anyone close enough to want it done. seems like something that would be fun to do.

the livernois kit looks prety nice. if you really want a front mount turbo call them guys up.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:19 PM
12 Second Truck Club

all i need are hot parts
Old 05-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

parish just tack all the part together and mail it to me and i can weld it all up with some filler and u would not have to worry about it cracking doing it right now may save u later.

the set up is looking good i like it
Old 06-06-2006, 10:05 PM
single digit dreamer

did i mention twins are expen$ive?

i cleaned up the electrical and brake lines near the turbo, this was no small task.

and things are coming along over all. i think in a month or so it will be on the road if i dont run into any roadblocks.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your getting there man, keep up the good work!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 10:13 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

looking good! Have you thought about moving the coils and running the plug wires up and under the exhaust manifolds with some 90 deg boots? Looking at the current set up, I think it would "clean" things up and free up some room. I have seen a few hot rods with genIII motors, and they are running the coils hidden with longer "old school" plug wires.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks beautiful! Build me a kit
Old 06-06-2006, 10:19 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
looking good! Have you thought about moving the coils and running the plug wires up and under the exhaust manifolds with some 90 deg boots? Looking at the current set up, I think it would "clean" things up and free up some room. I have seen a few hot rods with genIII motors, and they are running the coils hidden with longer "old school" plug wires.
i am trying to make things look a little cleaner under the hood. most of the time i am all about making it work but not caring what it looks like but this time i am taking some extra time trying to open things up.

the coils work good up top. the main log is lower than the plugs so it is easy to run the wire from the top. right now they just fit in with the ugly intake but eventualy i am going with a aluminum intake and then the coils will really look ugly.

Quick Reply: beautiful twins