FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

auxilary injector

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auxilary injector

With my STS system, I have a 9th injector. I use an SMT6 to coordinate the fuel. Before I get to my question I'll say that STS sent the Ram Hemi kit out with the 9th injector pulsing each time ONE of the factory injectors pulsed. I think it was injector #4. In anycase, with some a/f monitoring on each bank (not done by me but by someone with a hemi kit), it showed that one bank ran leaner than the other due to the 9th injector only firing ONCE per engine firing rotation. So after two diodes and some wiring, the 9th injector was set to fire off injectors #1 and #6. That was start and mid way through the firing order. That even'd the banks up a/f wise.

So, now I've got an SMT6. It was originally configured to fire once per engine revolution. I changed the config to fire twice but it sort of throw off the crank pulse/timing when fooling with that in my config. But it works overall.

I was debating putting in my 165# injector and removing my 84#. Setting the smt6 back to firing once per engine firing rotation. My question is with all the setups out there, how many times does your auxilary injector(s) fire per engine revolution? Is firing it one time cause the first few cylinders that fire run richer than the last couple? Anybody done some good monitoring with that?
Old 10-30-2005, 06:42 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Ok either I missed something or this is a Hemi thing with the STS's. I am lost, I have never heard of this on a STS system.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Launching!

This is a hemi thing. Actually, it's a piece of crap Dodge thing. LOL! I hate that I'm a Dodge man when it comes to the PCM. Ford and Chevy have friendly pcm's, but Dodge won't allow their pcm to be cracked. Since we don't have a pcm tune to alter fuel, utilize larger injectors, change map voltages, etc, we have to add a 9th injector to spray fuel into our "dry intake".

After SEMA, I'll be working with someone to put in larger injectors and let the SMT6 drive the system. A piggyback is still a bandaid, but it's all we have right now.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Oh ok, now I see what you mean. I was having a brain fart and forgot about Dodge PCM's. So this is that is how they are adding the additional fuel, hmm, i am not sure I like that. However in your shoes I quess there isnt many options yet. As to your question I am sorry that I can not answer it. I wonder how whipple determines when there aux injectors fire on there chevy kits? They have two, however they are side by side. Maybe some of the whipple guys that still have the aux injectors may know, not sure how many people still do thought being that many have eliminated it and upgraded all 8 injectors.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:31 PM
On The Tree

With another handfull of diodes and a smaller injector, you could fire off of all 8.

Don't know if the injector is fast enough, though. That's why we stuck with two pulses and the A/F was OK.