Events & Show Discussion Races | Events | Shows

Truckin Magazine THROWDOWN 2013

Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...what's with all the haters?

It's a great event put on by a reputable magazine, if you wanna go...go, if ya don't...don't! They really are open to anyone going and there is no hidden agenda! If they don't answer to your email email them again!
Old 04-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

While I didn't participate in the actual event I was there to support my fellow members last year. I also know the gentlemen that assisted with the event the prior year.

It was great time with good people that all pulled together to help each other out. We gained 2 new members on this site from that event alone just because of how the community pulls together.

AceX with the STS turboed Inline 5 GMC Canyon signed up as well as PRO TOUR HOE with the Bad *** Tahoe!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Wow...what's with all the haters?

It's a great event put on by a reputable magazine, if you wanna go...go, if ya don't...don't! They really are open to anyone going and there is no hidden agenda! If they don't answer to your email email them again!
Thanks Julien. We started this event because we're all into performance trucks, and we wanted to promote the performance truck scene. We just wish more people would show up and show off their trucks! With how many members there are on sites like this, it blows my mind that we only have 10-15 competitors show up each year. I guess some guys are content racing from behind their keyboards...
Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my truck isnt quite finished yet.
hopefully next year i can be picked to enter the event.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

bring it to Canada
My brother is building his LS powered 02 RCLB with linked rear, boxed frame etc.. for this event if you guys come close enough.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 132 Likes on 87 Posts

I was truly hoping to participate in the LS Fest throwdown this year until one of my best friends decided to get married that weekend. Maybe next year. As a Truckin subscriber, I like the more performance oriented direction the mag has been going in the past year or so. I hope to see the throwdown event grow and expand to more events across the country and hopefully one a little closer to home.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry I haven't been around this board with build info or anything. Life and the build have gotten in the way.

I am still alive and the truck is moving forward. Should have the 3rd motor (yea, you read that right ) back together and ready for break in sometime this week. After that, it's a mad thrash (as always) to get the truck 100% for the event which the staff very graciously invited me back to attend.

Last year was a great event and I know this year is showing alot of promise to be the best thus far.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by AceX
Sorry I haven't been around this board with build info or anything. Life and the build have gotten in the way.

I am still alive and the truck is moving forward. Should have the 3rd motor (yea, you read that right ) back together and ready for break in sometime this week. After that, it's a mad thrash (as always) to get the truck 100% for the event which the staff very graciously invited me back to attend.

Last year was a great event and I know this year is showing alot of promise to be the best thus far.
I want updates in your build thread. I liked what you were doing with that thing.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Staging Lane

I will, I promise. After this event I'll get things going here to show some people what I did with the truck.

Once again, I'll be back at the event with literally 0 seat time on a new suspension and motor configuration. Joy. Good thing I'm a quick study
Old 05-14-2013, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

im excited, hoepfully my 4.8 dont break at the event. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Truckin Magazine THROWDOWN 2013