Events & Show Discussion Races | Events | Shows

Truckin Magazine THROWDOWN 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Truckin Magazine THROWDOWN 2013

Hi guys,

My name is Patrick, I'm the associate editor at Truckin magazine. Some of you may be familiar with our yearly THROWDOWN performance truck event, since we've had several members of these forums come out in past years. We're rapidly approaching this year's event, and we're looking for more competitors.

The event is taking place Friday, May 31st. We're still working out the details on the exact venue, but it will be in the southern California area. The event is completely free of charge, and open to all makes and models of trucks. We've had everything from stripped, caged race trucks to lifted HD show trucks compete, so if you've got a cool truck and are in driving distance of SoCal, come out and roast some tires with us.

Here's our video coverage of last year's event: West Coast Throwdown 2012

Here are some photos and more info from last year: 2012 Truckin THROWDOWN

If you're interested in competing and getting your truck into Truckin magazine, send an email to max@truckin.com or to me, and include the make, model, mods, and a photo of the truck.

Let me know if you've got any questions. Hope to see you there!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Sounds like a fun time.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:19 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

It was a great time last year. Bastards even caught my furry face on Video...

The Owner of Tahoe and that little turbocharged GMC signed up on our board as new members after the event.

We had Chase With the Silverado SS and Julien with the 2001 RCSB competing in the event from this board.

Grimes with the Silver and Orange Tahoe and the Kid with the TurboCharged GMC canyon signed up after the event. I was hoping to see him get that thing back together for this years event but I have not seen any updates from him. Last he said he was Still working on getting the forged motor together.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will you still have the throwdown at LS Fest in bowling green?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by 2doorfury
Will you still have the throwdown at LS Fest in bowling green?
Yes, we're planning on it. If you're interested in coming to that event, send an email to max@truckin.com with your contact info and info/photos of your truck. Hope to see you there.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:45 AM

Bump. We need more competitors, so if you're interested in coming out or know anyone that is, please reply here or get in touch with us.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbomic who owns the fastest street truck in the nation has repeatedly contacted you with no response. What's up with that?
Old 04-15-2013, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by gamble686
Turbomic who owns the fastest street truck in the nation has repeatedly contacted you with no response. What's up with that?
Who has he been contacting and by what means? I definitely haven't heard from anyone by that name. If he's got the fastest street truck in the nation we'd be very interested in hearing from him.

If he wants to get in touch with us, there are several options: reply here, email me directly at patrick@truckin.com, email our feature editor max@truckin.com, or PM me. Please give him this info or link him to this post.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by truckinmag
Who has he been contacting and by what means? I definitely haven't heard from anyone by that name. If he's got the fastest street truck in the nation we'd be very interested in hearing from him.

If he wants to get in touch with us, there are several options: reply here, email me directly at patrick@truckin.com, email our feature editor max@truckin.com, or PM me. Please give him this info or link him to this post.
Max.Matthewson@sorc.com

This is the guy I was emailing back and forth and he just told me he didn't know if I could get an invite. I blew it off after that. I'm sure readers much rather see stock trucks compete.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by bansheerider44
Max.Matthewson@sorc.com

This is the guy I was emailing back and forth and he just told me he didn't know if I could get an invite. I blew it off after that. I'm sure readers much rather see stock trucks compete.
I'm not sure what the miscommunication was, but we haven't told anyone they can't come, or that we can't get them an invite. The event is technically invite only, but only because we don't want random people just showing up without prior notice. All you need to do is send an email stating "Hey, my name is X, here's my truck and contact info, I want to participate".

Shoot Max another email, and CC patrick@truckin.com. We'll get back to you today and figure this out.

Quick Reply: Truckin Magazine THROWDOWN 2013