Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

post up your boosted 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 number s

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Yea I understand that, but its definitely something worth noting. The turbo's are much more efficient at making boost... theres no question there, but without spending an arm and a leg on a turbo kit they still use the stock manifold on one side... kinda whacky if you ask me. Just by looking at most of the kits I think there is a ton of power potential left in them... look at how much boost supercharged guys lose when they go to a great exhaust system... yet they are stil pushing as much if not MORE air through the engine.
the motor is a big air pump and you want it to be as efficient as you can make it. I could slap a 2" exhaust on my setup and see boost through the roof but I would never see any worthy gains from it.

The one plus side to the turbo is if they upgrade the exhaust to make the motor breath easier and loose boost in the process it's much easier to turn the boost back up to where it was at versus the supercharger guys like me who would have to re-pulley to gain that boost back. Either way I would think 8lbs with a free flowing exhaust would be more beneficial than 10lbs through stock manifolds.

I am kinda bummed cause I am doing all this work to the truck over the next month after my mishap and I don't think I will be able to convince the wife to let me spend another 1k for the exhaust I want to go to. My stock manifolds with the the after market muffler I have now will get the job done but would really like to get some 1 7/8 headers.

Dunno something about spending over 10k on a truck in a 6 month time frame seems to get to her when I ask to spend more
Old 06-23-2012, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
the motor is a big air pump and you want it to be as efficient as you can make it. I could slap a 2" exhaust on my setup and see boost through the roof but I would never see any worthy gains from it.

The one plus side to the turbo is if they upgrade the exhaust to make the motor breath easier and loose boost in the process it's much easier to turn the boost back up to where it was at versus the supercharger guys like me who would have to re-pulley to gain that boost back. Either way I would think 8lbs with a free flowing exhaust would be more beneficial than 10lbs through stock manifolds.

I am kinda bummed cause I am doing all this work to the truck over the next month after my mishap and I don't think I will be able to convince the wife to let me spend another 1k for the exhaust I want to go to. My stock manifolds with the the after market muffler I have now will get the job done but would really like to get some 1 7/8 headers.

Dunno something about spending over 10k on a truck in a 6 month time frame seems to get to her when I ask to spend more
My girl has me by the ***** cant do nothing without her giving me an OK
Old 06-23-2012, 01:17 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You guys have gotta learn that it's easier to beg for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!!
Old 06-23-2012, 01:37 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by 62nalide
Seems like you're doin alright in that dept... Hahaha. If my truck ran like yours did I'd be thrilled.
Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
You guys have gotta learn that it's easier to beg for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!!
So true... Gotta love it.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:53 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ask me how I got my ex-wife to pay for half of my blower/cam/rockers/etc..........
Old 06-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Slowest turbo build ever!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or just stay single and do whatever the FAWK you want!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Ask me how I got my ex-wife to pay for half of my blower/cam/rockers/etc..........
Originally Posted by black00chev
Or just stay single and do whatever the FAWK you want!!!
haha she is just reminding me of things I said I wanted to do. Trying to pay stuff off and reduce debt so trying to stick with that.

I could buy lots more stuff for the truck but rather wait till I have cash in hand and not have to put it on a credit card or something like that
Old 06-23-2012, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
haha she is just reminding me of things I said I wanted to do. Trying to pay stuff off and reduce debt so trying to stick with that.

I could buy lots more stuff for the truck but rather wait till I have cash in hand and not have to put it on a credit card or something like that
i hear you! but on the plus side when u wait for things a lil longer and once you have them oh boy thats a good feeling lol
Old 06-23-2012, 02:09 PM
TECH Veteran

i hear you! but on the plus side when u wait for things a lil longer and once you have them oh boy thats a good feeling lol
lol yea.

I remember some single days though when I was big into motorcycles when it looked like the UPS guy was Santa..

I loved coming home from work to just a living room full of boxes....
Old 06-23-2012, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
The turbo's are much more efficient at making boost... theres no question there, but without spending an arm and a leg on a turbo kit they still use the stock manifold on one side... kinda whacky if you ask me. Just by looking at most of the kits I think there is a ton of power potential left in them... look at how much boost supercharged guys lose when they go to a great exhaust system... yet they are stil pushing as much if not MORE air through the engine.
Turbo exhaust manifolds are not nearly as critical as supercharger manifolds because the turbo ones are pressurized. 20 psi exhaust pressure can squeeze a lot of gas through stock manifolds.

Quick Reply: post up your boosted 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 number s