Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Some track Vids (here ya go F8L)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 08:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some track Vids (here ya go F8L)

Finally got a couple of the runs downloaded from my video camera. The first one is my 14.4 run last week, and the 2nd one is a 14.3 run from this week. My best is still 14.2.....it was a little humid out today (rain threatening) so that made it a little more difficult. My best 60' today was 1.99 seen in the 2nd video. Wait till the end of the video and notice in the mirror the confused HEMI. He is not sure how he just got whooped by a 7200lb sled...

www.pasadenatownhall.com/movies/1st.wmv

www.pasadenatownhall.com/movies/3rd.wmv

I added them to the website as well.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Addict

took a better look at what was going on with my shifting tonight too. Looks like its a good 300' or better before the finish line when i am having to shift up into 4th. I tried letting 2nd and 3rd wind out farther but ended up hitting the rev limiter at 5000rpm. Just not enough gear to wind out enough to stay in 3rd. Looks like my sticking point is goin to be low 14's until i up the pulley or throw smaller tires on.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:39 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good

Have you talked to the people who tune your truck to see fi they can extend the lower gears out by about 100rpm each so that you dont have to rev that last gear out so much and wont have to up the rev limiter as much? Thats what I did
Old 03-26-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Regular

That in-cab video has a familiar sound...lol. Nice runs. When did you say you were gonna go with that smaller pulley???
Old 03-26-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Sounds good

Have you talked to the people who tune your truck to see fi they can extend the lower gears out by about 100rpm each so that you dont have to rev that last gear out so much and wont have to up the rev limiter as much? Thats what I did
Good idea, i will mention that when i go back in.

Originally Posted by CoonToot
That in-cab video has a familiar sound...lol. Nice runs. When did you say you were gonna go with that smaller pulley???
I am dying to go with a bigger pulley, just not sure how the non I/C, non Meth setup will like it, especially when summer rolls around.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are there any mods you can do to raise your redline, even a little? I know nothing about 8.1s, but if it's only one thing that is the bottleneck to, say even 200 rpm faster, it may be worth looking into.

Last edited by GMC_DUDE; 03-27-2006 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Linda
I am dying to go with a bigger pulley, just not sure how the non I/C, non Meth setup will like it, especially when summer rolls around.
Meth injection can be done for less than $500 and will help tremendously. I know what you are saying about the summer temps...mine is an entirely different animal when it's 95 with 95% humidity down here on the Gulf coast. I'm just prodding ya to spend more money
Old 03-27-2006, 07:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CoonToot
Meth injection can be done for less than $500 and will help tremendously. I know what you are saying about the summer temps...mine is an entirely different animal when it's 95 with 95% humidity down here on the Gulf coast. I'm just prodding ya to spend more money

LMAO...it doesnt take much prodding with me. I am leaning towards getting a DMax I/C since it should be a direct bolt-in for my 2500HD. Then all i would have to do is plumb it up. I wonder where i can get a different cast intake to bolt to my manifold? The one whipple provides is directed straight to the blower, I would need one to point the other way. I wonder if Whipple has different intakes to choose from? I know they have different outputs off the blower (depending on if you buy thier I/C or not, the out put off the blower points in a different direction). That would probably cost about the same as a meth kit seeing as you can get a DMax I/C from Ebay shipped for about $150. Those suckers cool the 28+psi generated from the DMax, i would imagine it would have no problem cooling 8-10psi from a gasser.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Isnt there something about the Allison, its not a good idea to spin it over 5k rpms??
I read it somewhere. Because i was wondering why you couldnt change the shift points or Firmness with a Hypercrapper.. My x boss used to have a 04 CCSB 8.1/ally 4x4. I was curious one day and he told me to go take it out for a spin. I manually shifted it, with the rev limiter set to 5800 (IIRC). When it got up to 5500 i bumped it into 2nd and it chirped the 305/75/16 Cooper Dis S/Ts.. WOW.. but then i read about not a good idea to spin the trans over 5k!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If what Nonnieselman said is true, then forget what I said. Never thought of that.

Quick Reply: Some track Vids (here ya go F8L)