Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

More traction on street vs. drag strip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I'm not worried a bit about traction, the problem is I need a roll bar because it's a vert
Old 11-05-2008, 05:11 AM
Staging Lane

Can someone please tell the OP that I am right, he is STILL arguing about this.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Launching!

I agree completely with the OP!!!!!

My 2000 SS could hook pretty decent on the street! At least from 2nd gear on. Took it to the track and it was like being on wet roads! I was still spinning when I crossed the eigth mile line! Back out of the throttle completely and stand back in it and it would begin spinning again!

Same thing with my silverado......hooked really good on the street, took it to the track and it spun all the way into drive on the street tires! Radials hooked both of them a little better at the track then on the street! Oh and this was at two different tracks.

I have noticed that fairly new tires will hook pretty well at the track.....anything older just stays too hard and the compounds dont match!

Hope this helped solve the argument!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Back in my days of street racing from a dead stop, I'd prefer to race on old asphalt compared to new. I always hooked better.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carfreak07

My 2000 SS could hook pretty decent on the street! At least from 2nd gear on. Took it to the track and it was like being on wet roads! I was still spinning when I crossed the eigth mile line! Back out of the throttle completely and stand back in it and it would begin spinning again!

Same thing with my silverado......hooked really good on the street, took it to the track and it spun all the way into drive on the street tires! Radials hooked both of them a little better at the track then on the street! Oh and this was at two different tracks.

I have noticed that fairly new tires will hook pretty well at the track.....anything older just stays too hard and the compounds dont match!

No he pretty much shut his yap on this, but still insists that he will easily go 12s in his camaro with drag radials. Though having never raced any vehicle on a drag strip.

And seems to believe that a 200hp 3333lb V6 camaro will do mid 14s bonestock(right off the showroom floor)

We're friends that seem to argue constantly.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

My guess is mid 13's.
only one way to prove it, take that camaro where it belongs
Old 11-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by carfreak07

Ever tried Drag Radials?
Old 11-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZQ8Dude
No he pretty much shut his yap on this, but still insists that he will easily go 12s in his camaro with drag radials. Though having never raced any vehicle on a drag strip.

And seems to believe that a 200hp 3333lb V6 camaro will do mid 14s bonestock(right off the showroom floor)

We're friends that seem to argue constantly.
We do enjoy our "discussions" Any 01-02 Camaro with my mods can run 12's with DRs given that they don't live at some monstrous altitude. And whoooaaa buddy I never said off the showroom floor, I'll tell you later.

I would take it to the track but I don't have money to put in the required roll bar for verts running quicker than 13.99.

Last edited by jaguar5822; 11-05-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Resident

Jag you are right. A camaro with a lid, cat back, tune and DR's will see 12's easy. And thats pretty much stock these days.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sharky05
Jag you are right. A camaro with a lid, cat back, tune and DR's will see 12's easy. And thats pretty much stock these days.
but until he prove that he can do it, then he does not have a 12 second car.

Thats like me saying my truck will do 12s with nitrous, 4.10s, and drag radials because coloradoss did it with his truck. Its certainly what i'm shooting for, but setup alone does not mean it will get those times if i cant get it there.

Quick Reply: More traction on street vs. drag strip?