Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

2006 "LLY" or Gen4 Cummins??

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 11:08 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts
Talking

You could always add to the cab to make more room...

Old 05-13-2020, 06:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 766 Likes on 564 Posts

Both of the double cab creations are dodge whats that say about dodge owners

I know Penny is worth more than that I'm just screwing with you. I complete agree with you about how having to shift keeps you from wanting to look at distractions like your phone or wifes boobies while driving.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:15 AM
makes children cry

Received 399 Likes on 326 Posts

so i'm #2 on the list for the one i've been chasing down the last couple days, but i found another last night.

canada-spec truck delivered from the plant spring of '17 (barely 3yrs old) & immediately exported to NE (best i could dig up)... but some of this is thicker than on my '99 after four SD winters. not looking good for the 15-20yr plan.
walk away?
Old 05-13-2020, 11:19 AM
makes children cry

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
Both of the double cab creations are dodge whats that say about dodge owners
says the guy who has to do a 4000rpm clutch dump every time he leaves the grocery store
i tried forever to find the '80s C10 done that way, which was the first one i thunk of
Old 05-13-2020, 11:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 766 Likes on 564 Posts

Ouch that's a lot of rust in a short amount of time.
Did you every take Penny on the black hills trails? I don't think a big heavy Cummins would work as well up there.

In my defense I grocery shop about every other month and clutch dump daily so yeah......
Old 05-13-2020, 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,436 Likes on 1,063 Posts

That wouldnt bother me. Treat the spots you can, recoat what you can get to and party

if the body looks like that inside the rockers, you got an issue: but the only damage occurred where water/salt/road brine was accumulating

talk him down 5k, buy it and party 👌🏻
Old 05-13-2020, 01:44 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
Ouch that's a lot of rust in a short amount of time.
Did you every take Penny on the black hills trails? I don't think a big heavy Cummins would work as well up there.

In my defense I grocery shop about every other month and clutch dump daily so yeah......
Your a Filthy Clutch Dumpster...
Old 05-13-2020, 01:47 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Originally Posted by _zebra
so i'm #2 on the list for the one i've been chasing down the last couple days, but i found another last night.

canada-spec truck delivered from the plant spring of '17 (barely 3yrs old) & immediately exported to NE (best i could dig up)... but some of this is thicker than on my '99 after four SD winters. not looking good for the 15-20yr plan.
walk away?
That's not looking good for the next few years plan...

Just think about what you can't see like at the door seems between the panels...
Old 05-13-2020, 02:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
If I HAD to have a diesel, and it HAD to be a manual and my only 2 options were an IFS cluster **** or a dodge product...

Id buy a Ford

So, pardon me for suggesting the superior product 😂 but if the IFS on my Tahoe is any indication of what to expect from a Duramax, the only Duramax I'm buying is a solid swapped one. And while the Cummins I6 of all flavors is the superior motor, I don't like, don't want, won't be caught dead in a dodge product

If money and time were no object, yeah a solid swapped D'max would be ****

but you wanted opinions and my opinion is the IFS is ****, the dodge is **** so buy a Ford. But what do I know?
Originally Posted by _zebra
hey now - have a little tact. i wouldn't roll up to your funeral & ask your wife what she was doin' Friday night.

this is a traumatic emotional event! my wife might disagree, but i got feels, too, you know!
**** you guys are crackin' me up! I'm here just for the jokes mainly now!
I loved my NNBS GMC Duramax and never should've sold it. I do agree a Cummins is badass but my nephew had a 17 maybe 18 dually he delivered travel trailers coast to coast and constantly bitched about having to put it in the shop. No engine issues iirc but other stuff.
Old 05-13-2020, 03:06 PM
makes children cry

yeah, i drove the trails all the time... but i also went & sprayed down the undercarriage afterwards. not as diligent after snow (maybe once every 2 or 3 snows).
we wouldn't be taking that tank through, though... we've got the H3 for trail riding now.

the outside of the body looks great & only has 56k mi... it was when i asked for pics of underneath (engine pan, steering, suspension, frame, etc) that he sent a side shot through each wheel well. that's 2 of them; the other two are the same. that's what concerned me of up under the rocker panels, etc like you mentioned...esp if that's just 3yrs worth in nebraska.

they're asking about a grand over NADA & the dealer reviews indicate a history of holding to prices just above book value... however, he did offer to have the truck undercoated as part of the price. not really sure, but it seems like just spraying something over the rust won't fix what's there or stop it from corroding through underneath where it's at.

PS for anybody else looking at an export truck: i talked with reps from FCA customer service & chrysler canadian warranty about this particular truck. they both advised me that with it being built for canada & exported to the states, though recalls can still be done wherever you're at by any FCA dealer, the factory warranties is only honored north of the border.

Quick Reply: 2006 "LLY" or Gen4 Cummins??