WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

Well, I killed him

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cttandy
The Clinton era ban on assault rifles and the like included hand guns with high capacity mags. Supposedly, the 92F before the ban was a better handgun then after the ban.

I can't verify that. However, I have held the newer version and it didn't feel the same at all. I don't know if they changed the metal it is made out of or what.
If the gun is a mid-80s Beretta 92F, you really need to change out every spring in it, including the mags. Put a "D" sping in it and your DA pull will lighten up about 2lbs and get quite a bit smoother. Being as the gun is an "F" model, be very careful about not dropping it on the hammer, and always de-**** it pointed in a safe direction as these guns had some issues with negligently discharging when doing this. The "FS" model was redesigned to fix this. The newer FS models have aluminum frames and are much improved over the F series, but the F series is still quite a capable piece when taken care of.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gah i bet that was horrible..
you know well that you should be able to hit that big silhouette from 10yds with out really aiming.
we setup a pistol course saturday with 4 full size silhouettes at 10yds, 12yds wide.
2 center mass hits left to right, then 1 head shot right to left. 12rds 3 seconds flat.

i love that kinda shooting. then put a really tough time restraint to add a lil stress till you cant go any faster without gettin a 9 ring miss.

that barrel has been severely abused, gotten it hot enough 5 times to melt the handguards. it might have a lil rifling left in it, but the throat is completely gone. it will tumble a 55gr fmj at 7yds.. cant hit a car at 300yds its so bad
Old 03-11-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BOSS302
If the gun is a mid-80s Beretta 92F, you really need to change out every spring in it, including the mags. Put a "D" sping in it and your DA pull will lighten up about 2lbs and get quite a bit smoother. Being as the gun is an "F" model, be very careful about not dropping it on the hammer, and always de-**** it pointed in a safe direction as these guns had some issues with negligently discharging when doing this. The "FS" model was redesigned to fix this. The newer FS models have aluminum frames and are much improved over the F series, but the F series is still quite a capable piece when taken care of.
I have no intent of changing anything on a gun that I am very comfortable and accurate with.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Launching!

I have no intent of changing anything on a gun that I am very comfortable and accurate with.
It's about about age and metallurgy. Springs wear out, and they are cheap insurance, but I understand where you are coming from.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

The gun is extremely smooth and precise. I have had the gun apart and all springs are tight. I have had the gun checked over, so please, there is no need for your concern.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Launching!

The gun is extremely smooth and precise. I have had the gun apart and all springs are tight. I have had the gun checked over, so please, there is no need for your concern.
I think you took what i said the wrong way. There is no concern, just relaying a little advice is all. I even said that I understood where you were coming from.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

I don't talk guns online because there is always that one person that comments like a know it all. Sorry if I seem upset, but I didn't post this to get any advice on my gun. If I want advice, I will ask for it, as I have in the past.

I posted this because I was rather excited to have passed my class today, and shot better then the other 20 people that were there, with a gun that I had only fired 25 times, while standing on a leg that was throbbing in pain.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont think i ever caught what the trouble with your knee was?
Old 03-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Launching!

I don't talk guns online because there is always that one person that comments like a know it all. Sorry if I seem upset, but I didn't post this to get any advice on my gun. If I want advice, I will ask for it, as I have in the past.

I posted this because I was rather excited to have passed my class today, and shot better then the other 20 people that were there, with a gun that I had only fired 25 times, while standing on a leg that was throbbing in pain.
No apology necessary. Part of my job is to know the intimate details of a Beretta firearm, that is the only reason why I said anything, as I don't comment about something unless I know what I'm talking about. Congrats on passing the class, this country needs more informed and armed citizenry.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
dont think i ever caught what the trouble with your knee was?
I was born with a lot of problems, but the bulk of it is related to a disease that has more letters then I can pronounce. It basically boils down to my tendons all being too long. I can basically pull every part of my body out of joint. I can bend my knees backwards and all sorts of other exciting things.

The down side to this, I have twisted my ankles so many times it isn't funny, blown my right knee out 11 times and my left knee 8 times, muscle damage in my right wrist. I was attacked by someone about 5 years ago that left me with 3 pinched nerves in my back, degenerative disc disease in my neck, and permanent damage to my left shoulder that prevents me from lifting more then about 25 lbs with that arm.

Pro-longed standing makes my knees hurt, as does sitting in the same position for extended periods of time. The nerves in my back make my legs feel super heavy, and it can get to a point that I cannot lift my legs. Today my right knee was hurting and my calf muscle was twitching. The twitch wasn't a big deal, it usually quits when I walk around. I kept trying to stretch my leg out, but I wasn't allowed to leave my station during the range time.

In addition to all this, I have fought sinus trouble, migraines, and stomach problems most of my life. 2 years ago, I found out I was allergic to dairy.

My Dad used to tell everyone when I was growing up that I was made out of spare parts. I am not sure he wasn't right.

Quick Reply: Well, I killed him