WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

Looking for a budget EDC knife

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im gonna have to get a picture of a couple knives that were hand made for my buddy.
One is a fixed blade similar size to the SOG seal pup but a wider blade with blood grooves on the taper of the edge. Looks wicked! The handle is a hard rubber with cross cut sections for grip.
The guy made a sheath so he could wear it on his SWAT vest. He said it works better than any knife he has ever used. Knife was worth about $400 tho.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Im gonna have to get a picture of a couple knives that were hand made for my buddy.
One is a fixed blade similar size to the SOG seal pup but a wider blade with blood grooves on the taper of the edge. Looks wicked! The handle is a hard rubber with cross cut sections for grip.
The guy made a sheath so he could wear it on his SWAT vest. He said it works better than any knife he has ever used. Knife was worth about $400 tho.
What steel was used? $400 is pretty hard to believe for a no-name custom knife maker
Old 02-03-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look at texashuntingforum, there are many makers on there, and they sell!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
What steel was used? $400 is pretty hard to believe for a no-name custom knife maker

I didnt even ask. The detail on it is amazing tho. Its more of a fighting knife but holds a edge better than any of my cheap knives.
Im goin over to his house next week, ill play 21 questions tho.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
I didnt even ask. The detail on it is amazing tho. Its more of a fighting knife but holds a edge better than any of my cheap knives.
Im goin over to his house next week, ill play 21 questions tho.
Snap some pictures of it too if you can!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got mine in today, I like it for sure its just a bit big for what Im used to. Im going to give it a while and see how I like it. It definitely feels better made than my Kershaw and I like the contour of the grip better. WHich it ought to be a triple the price of my Kershaw. I still feel, bang-for-the-buck, you cant beat the Kershaw leek but this seems to be a well made knife for the money. Time will tell if it ends up getting the spot of my leek.

And a Scott style picture
Old 02-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Getting used to the size yet? Tried flipping the clip around?
Old 02-06-2012, 10:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cody, what kind of highlighter is that? Looks like a BIC Brite Liner. I like those, good angled tip when you have some precision highlighting you need to do. Why did you go with blue instead of a more traditional yellow, or maybe neon green? In for more pics of your highlighter collection.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
Cody, what kind of highlighter is that? Looks like a BIC Brite Liner. I like those, good angled tip when you have some precision highlighting you need to do. Why did you go with blue instead of a more traditional yellow, or maybe neon green? In for more pics of your highlighter collection.
lmao this guy
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Getting used to the size yet? Tried flipping the clip around?
Im liking it so far, today was the first day of work with it. Havent flipped it, I like it the way it is for now.
Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
Ive got a ton of highlighters for marking up my plans and textbooks. The ones on the right on retractable tips

Quick Reply: Looking for a budget EDC knife