WEAPONS What? Trucks and weapons don't go together?

Finally joined the AR-15 club

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 05:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I miss my 6.8
Old 04-26-2013, 06:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Nice looking AR man.

I've never been a big AR guy myself. I own one simply because I feel it's patriotic and I enjoy firearms, but I'm an AK guy at heart. ARs are overly complicated for me, annoying to clean. I dislike all the "tacticool" stuff too, but clearly yours is purpose built, not for a mall ninja.
They are easy to get carried away with and add all kinds of accessories to. I'll eventually get an ak just because.
Originally Posted by texasglock23
I miss my 6.8
Good looking gun. I only wish mine wasnt an ss barrel, and that it was threaded so I could throw on a muzzle brake/flash hider.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can send it off. Place like Ident marking in Rockwall or other places. Have it bead blasted, then coated, and threaded
Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spray paint it after you get it threaded haha..
my buddy bought a cheap gun case from a store and threw his Rifle in it when he got home and put it in his closet.
He come over on a friday night cause we were loading ammo and getting ready for a coyote hunt the next day. He took his rifle out and ever steel part was rusted. The foam in the case was wet and he didnt check it. Out comes some sand paper and spray paint. Now is purdy flat black with other dark colors mixed in for a camo job.

I bought an AK years ago for cheap, i think it was $250, Shot it some but didnt really like anything about it. Ive got something like 7 AR15s and ive got one that ill always pick up for hunting or just riding around.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've got everything for my new build (actually building it for someone) minus hand guard. Took like 2 weeks to get everything, and was still under $1500. It's going to look GREAT.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

Try gunbot.net if you're having issues finding ammo. I built my most recent AR chambered in 7.62x39. Ammo is still reasonable and available
Old 05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

You can send it off. Place like Ident marking in Rockwall or other places. Have it bead blasted, then coated, and threaded
By that time it would almost be cheaper and easier to buy another barrel.
Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Spray paint it after you get it threaded haha..
my buddy bought a cheap gun case from a store and threw his Rifle in it when he got home and put it in his closet.
He come over on a friday night cause we were loading ammo and getting ready for a coyote hunt the next day. He took his rifle out and ever steel part was rusted. The foam in the case was wet and he didnt check it. Out comes some sand paper and spray paint. Now is purdy flat black with other dark colors mixed in for a camo job.

I bought an AK years ago for cheap, i think it was $250, Shot it some but didnt really like anything about it. Ive got something like 7 AR15s and ive got one that ill always pick up for hunting or just riding around.
I hate gun gun cases. I only put my guns in then when we go on trip somewhere. And for that exact reason. Hell I had mine one one for about a day when we went down south for a varmint calling contest. On the way down we hit a light rain. When we took the guns out they were already getting patches of rust where the moisture seeped in.
I've never shot an ak but they just don't seem accurate. I don't like anything that's not accurate. Just wasting ammo at that point.
I've got everything for my new build (actually building it for someone) minus hand guard. Took like 2 weeks to get everything, and was still under $1500. It's going to look GREAT.
I'm still looking for a 300blk barrel for the gun I'm building now. I have the upper and lower already. $1500 you better have some damn good parts.
Originally Posted by SeTxCC
Try gunbot.net if you're having issues finding ammo. I built my most recent AR chambered in 7.62x39. Ammo is still reasonable and available
Yeah I bought 300 rounds of .45 auto off that site about a month ago. Definitely a cool site.
There is also arpartsfinder.com for ar parts, obviously.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well...
CMT billet lower
Palmetto lpk with upgraded magpul gear
Troy Vtac 15" handguard
WMD bolt carrier group
BCM mod3 charging handle
AP upper
ARP .223 wylde barrel
black river or addax tactical flash hider
$1500 will be with nice buis too

I think right now I am at the $1100-$1200 mark, I have to crunch the numbers once I have all the invoices.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mud slinger
Yeah I bought 300 rounds of .45 auto off that site about a month ago. Definitely a cool site.
There is also arpartsfinder.com for ar parts, obviously.
I've been keeping a eye on that site also. It's good to see parts and prices coming back to reality. Now if the ammo situation would return to somewhat normal I'd be happy