Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Scan Gauges

Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scan Gauges

OK, I did a search and nothing to this effect has been posted.

I am in the market for a scan gauge. What I would like to know is what brand, model you chose and why. Now that you have it, what do you think about it. Is the screen legible, how does the heat/cold effect it, does it give you the information you needed, any problems with it, and is there anything else I should know about it.

I tow, so I would like to watch trans temp as there is no option for that in my 94 factory cluster
(I am doing a LS swap for those unaware). I want to be able to view trouble codes. I am sure in time there will be more that I want to view. I want to run 2 gauges, 2 1/16.

I am sure many other's in the market will find this valuable.

Primarily looks at Aeroforce and PLX

Last edited by cttandy; 02-21-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about a '94. For my 02 I went with the areoforce, but I don't know if they'll go below '97.

Screen is great, extreme heat and cold do affect the screen. Heat makes it black. Cold makes the numbers and letters just linger. Both of these seem to go away fairly quickly after it's been running a few minutes. The thing reads more than anyone would really need to know, and can also take the information it gets to activate pins on the back that you can use to activate E-fans, or anything else you want.

Read and clear codes, monitor misfires. I also have mine set to scan 4 different screens.
Screen 1 : Coolant and trans temp
Screen 2 : MPH and RPM
Screen 3 : TCC Duty and TCC lockup
Screen 4 : Ignition Adv. and Knock Ret.

It has 3 different brightnesses and can take an analog input such as a LC-1 wideband, or N2O Pressure.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Is this what your talking about? This thing is awesome
Aeroforce Technology Inc | Products - Interceptor Order
Old 02-21-2012, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SlickSierra
Is this what your talking about? This thing is awesome
Aeroforce Technology Inc | Products - Interceptor Order
Yes, that is what he is talking about.

I am also curious about these guys

PLX Devices Inc. - Multi Gauges, Single Gauges, Sensor Modules, Wideband Air Fuel Ratio, Data Logging, Fuel Saving / Scan Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those don't look bad at all. It doesn't look like they can read everything a Areoforce can, but then again, there's a lot that an Areoforce reads that I don't need and don't use. I do like the color display, but it makes me wonder how it does with hot/cold conditions.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dmelvin
Those don't look bad at all. It doesn't look like they can read everything a Areoforce can, but then again, there's a lot that an Areoforce reads that I don't need and don't use. I do like the color display, but it makes me wonder how it does with hot/cold conditions.
That was my thought.

I have found some others looking around online. I even found one (not round) for $85 on amazon that had pretty solid feedback.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Launching!

The aeroforce would fit in my twin overhead console pod i got from the guy that makes them on here. They read everything i wanna know and probably cheaper than buying the two autometers i was gonna get
Old 02-24-2012, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SlickSierra
The aeroforce would fit in my twin overhead console pod i got from the guy that makes them on here. They read everything i wanna know and probably cheaper than buying the two autometers i was gonna get
You can get 2 areoforces and run them both with the diagnostic port splitter. Set them both to scan, so you can read 16 different things at a time. More than most NA guys need.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ultra-gauge.com is what I got cost me 78 bucks
Old 02-24-2012, 11:20 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cttandy
PLX makes some really, really good stuff. Get it and you won't complain.

Look up ScanGuage (yes, ScanGuage), too. I know a lot of people with them, but I've never really asked anything about them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scan Gauges