Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

when tuning in SD

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default when tuning in SD

Nobody ever mentions resetting the fuel trims. Should I do this before I start..I'll be tuning with WB so unfortunately I won't be using 02sierraz71_5.3 great write up, but nevertheless...I don't remember him mentioning it either. I read the article from Chevy High Performance and they mention resetting the trims.

thnx,
dewey
Old 10-30-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its in there
if you disable the lt's you wont need to hit the button everytime just once.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
its in there
if you disable the lt's you wont need to hit the button everytime just once.
Yeh, I am sorry...I jumped the gun...I didn't recall reading it and then after I posted my question went and read your write up and some others again. Thanks 02sierraz!
Old 10-30-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
Yeh, I am sorry...I jumped the gun...I didn't recall reading it and then after I posted my question went and read your write up and some others again. Thanks 02sierraz!
no prob let me know if I can help out
Old 10-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Hello Dave

You have a 2 bar MAP sensor, right? Otherwise, SD tuning in boost will be tricky...
Old 10-30-2005, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by dc_justin
You have a 2 bar MAP sensor, right? Otherwise, SD tuning in boost will be tricky...
holy **** no. I have the 3.0 pulley as well...as soon as give any kind of good throttle it goes into boost.

Short of paying for a 2bar sensor and paying HPT an exuberate amount of cash to get 2 bar, what should I do as to be able to tune this gas hog? Unhook the bypass valve so it doesn't go into boost? But then it would be out of whack when I hook it back up right? ugh.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:12 AM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
holy **** no. I have the 3.0 pulley as well...as soon as give any kind of good throttle it goes into boost.

Short of paying for a 2bar sensor and paying HPT an exuberate amount of cash to get 2 bar, what should I do as to be able to tune this gas hog? Unhook the bypass valve so it doesn't go into boost? But then it would be out of whack when I hook it back up right? ugh.
You could always buy a 2 bar sensor, PN 12580698, and then scale down your VE table (and all MAP related tables). You'll lose some resolution, but gain the ability to tune in boost. Won't cost you anything with HPT.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by dc_justin
You could always buy a 2 bar sensor, PN 12580698, and then scale down your VE table (and all MAP related tables). You'll lose some resolution, but gain the ability to tune in boost. Won't cost you anything with HPT.
I went ahead and did a run with wideband yesterday. drove for about an hour. never hit the 4K column of the ve table. Implemented the changes and there is a huge difference in responsiveness and power. I am having fuel pressure issues up top...pressure starts to drop at WOT...but other than that it seems to getting pretty tight. Seems to me the only "iffy" part with boost (FI) is in the transition stage of boost and no boost...some where around the 3000rpm area. I have the 1 bar setup so I can mess with the multiplier some to see if that will ease the transition.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a boost gauge you can drive around hitting as many cells as possible without going into the 1psi range. You can tune all the way to zero vacuum and that should get you buy fine. After all... once you get into boost you are into PE fueling anyway. Tune your PE and you're all set.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by CHarris
If you have a boost gauge you can drive around hitting as many cells as possible without going into the 1psi range. You can tune all the way to zero vacuum and that should get you buy fine. After all... once you get into boost you are into PE fueling anyway. Tune your PE and you're all set.
that's what i've been doing. i've logged and "pasted" twice now...lt's are no higher than -4 and I am pretty confident I get those down just a tad more. She's getting a snappy throttle now...pretty cool. WB is defintely cool.

Quick Reply: when tuning in SD