Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

which upgrade wait4me or nelson

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 02:07 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This same argument was going on in another forum. Certain tuners offered their product for dyno testing and one flat out refused to participate. As of yet no testing has been performed that i have heard of.

I am happy with my Wester's tune. If i had come here earlier i might have chosen Nelson's.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by trever1t
This same argument was going on in another forum. Certain tuners offered their product for dyno testing and one flat out refused to participate. As of yet no testing has been performed that i have heard of.

I am happy with my Wester's tune. If i had come here earlier i might have chosen Nelson's.
Do you know who it was the opted out?

Course, that wouldnt be an issue if we could order each tune and not tell anyone until the results were in.

I think it would be cool to even take donations via paypal from everyone that wanted to see it, take a few peoples trucks in the same area willing to participate in a dyno flog and then email or PM out the results of the test to all those that contributed so as not to hand over the info to people that did not contribute toward the test and dyno runs.

There has to be a way to do this short of one guy paying out all that coin for multiple tests on his own vehicle.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:40 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be more that happy to offer my truck. It is a little more complicated to tune though as I have a cammed stalled 6.0 in place of the 5.3.
I think it would have to be anomous to the tuners to keep them from tuning a little hotter than normal. Just have someone call Nelson and order a tune, Westers, and Wait4me. Then proceed to the dyno and let the flogging begin
Old 11-04-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by white1
I would be more that happy to offer my truck. It is a little more complicated to tune though as I have a cammed stalled 6.0 in place of the 5.3.
I think it would have to be anomous to the tuners to keep them from tuning a little hotter than normal. Just have someone call Nelson and order a tune, Westers, and Wait4me. Then proceed to the dyno and let the flogging begin
I agree entirely. I would love to get that done.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:24 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

too bad it will never happen. there was a magizine building an ss silverado and comparing intakes, tunes and all of that jaz.

they got a dyno tune from one well known shop (westers i think) and a mail order tune from allen nelson.

dyno'ed both tunes and allens mail order tune was only about 3hp less than the other tuners dyno tune. imagine if allen had that truck on his dyno to tune with...
Old 11-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Snafudilligad
"Why is this tune better?"

"Because I said so"

Thats what all this amounts to.

Anyone have HARD data? Dyno runs / charts (two trucks of the same config, two different tunes?)

I've seen plenty of complaints and praises for ALL of these tuners. Bet we could pull in some heated complaints about nelson that I recall on LS1tech.com. Same with Westers. Same with WFM tunes.

I am not biased either way. I have the WFM tune in my rig and it feels fairly good. No experience with the other tuners (I did not have 600+ bucks to spend and decided to try the waitforme tune) Now, I feel lilke the truck has some more bottom end in it, like its running a bit rich below 3 grand but whos to say that hasnt happened with all these tuners? I know it has. I have seen the posts.

So heres my take - until someone sucks it up (cant be me, im too damn broke at the moment) and produces a comparison with numbers....until these tuners pick apart the others tunes, makes changes and then posts up "This is what they did wrong, here is what I changed, and this is why" then its ALL hub bub....

While I can agree somewhat with the statement that "you get what you pay for" I also agree with the statement that "More expensive does not always mean better"

so for those of you saying that your tune is better because you paid 500 bucks more than WFM guys did (that is, afterall, what has been said - no hard data, no dyno charts to chow changes, nothing) I have to ask - Please elaborate.

I am very interested in the other tuners but I dont have 600 bucks to "experiment" with

Maybe I should dyno my rig, save up and then send my WFM tuned PCM to Allen and see if we cant make an agreement - Pick apart this tune, tell me EXACTLY what you think was not done correctly or not optimized, re-tune it and i'll put it on the dyno. If the numbers increase over the WFM tune, I pay you. If they don't, well, I don't.

Think any of these tuners would be up for that? Then we would have data to go by instead of this "You get what you pay for" (BTW, last time I was out at a fancy steak house and paid 50 bucks for a steak, that did NOT ring true. I ended up at outback.)
I posted up about my truck racing a westers tuned truck and I outran him even though he had the upper hand with weight and tires size. So IMO Nelson ahs a better tune since I was able to beat him with my disadvantage. The trucks were equal we ran in 4hi so there was NO spinning I took him by 2-3 trucks to a little over 100. What more proof do you want?

I wish I could offer up my truck for this since I will be in the houston area where there are many dynos test on and everything but my truck is/will be far from stock.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

NELSON!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Snafudilligad
Ahh....you must be an aspiring politician. Provide an answer without answering anything.

Two words, two syllables for you - Prove it!

Wheres your data? Wheres your proof?

Again its the "because I said so" argument. That argument doesnt work for anyone but a mother talking to her 6 year old son telling him why he cant do something.

Did you go heads up with another truck that was identical to yours at the track that had a WFM tune? Can I see the slips? Video?

Perhaps your ran on a dyno with the WFM tune and then the Nelson? Please post the dyno sheet.

Maybe you logged data on both tunes or perhaps did so on two different trucks and still have that log? Cool....please post it.

Now, if that comment you posted cannot be backed up with ANYTHING other than the comment itself, its riiiight between and

You cannot prove something without evidence.....hell, sometimes you cant prove anything WITH evidence but I think OJ is the ONLY example of that.....
Just bring it to HRP on Nov. 20th. Then talk.

Jim
Old 11-05-2005, 12:31 AM
Tribe Shaman

if you want to do the mail order tune, you must include as much info as you possibly can.
every little detail makes a difference in how your tune is made.
from de screening the maf to replacing the fuel pump or adding new o2 sensors.
they do not have your truck where they can plug in to it and tell you that you have a lose connection, or the reading on this sensor is weak and could be going out or your starting to show signs of a coil going bad from a weak spark on cylinder #5.

it is the fact of hands on is so much better then doing it blind.
Allen, Jessie, and Westers all have one thing in common ( you can not make everybody happy)
Old 11-05-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just wish my rear 02's were shut off on the first tune....and on the second......maybe the third time?

Quick Reply: which upgrade wait4me or nelson