Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Tuning over another Guys Tune??

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 02:20 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
And I understand why they lock a tune. I wouldnt want all of my hard work to be given away to someone either.
Or to have someone go in there and make a catastrophic adjustment that the original tuner gets blamed for
Old 02-05-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
There are a couple of shops in CA. Since he doesn't want to give an exact location then I throw this one out.
Synergy Motorsports
37401 Joseph St
Fremont, Ca 94536

I think Trever1t uses them. Anyway, I've driven anywhere from 2-6 hours to get a proper dyno tune on my vehicles. Mail order tunes are fine and they get the job done, but if you want it dialed it exact you need to be in person for a street/dyno tune.

I understand you frustration with not getting through and not having email/calls returned. I am having the same problem. Of the many shops I called, Wheatley and Justin @ Balckbear are the only 2 that responded. So one of them will get my business for a startup tune, then I'm off to TX Speed for a dyno tune

well i can tell u where i live..lol los angeles ca... r1fles is only 3hrs north from me.. lol and yea justin is a great guy.... i almost never have a problem getting to him.. waiting on my new set up to get installed so i can take it to him to get dyno tuned since he did move down to sd...
Old 02-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

I'm on the central coast.I've looked around here because I had an 03 with a magnacharger that I needed tuned.Nothing in the immediate area.
I'm going to try a little harder.I hate to see $300 go to waste.If still nothing?Then I'll just send them the whole computer back with a nice thank you noted welded to the side of it.
Then I'll be headed to SD it looks like.

Hey 05,my cam comes in next week.Got my springs today.I'll keep you updated about that potential drag strip up here.Sounds almost to good to be true!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea man that would b kool.. and a drive down here doesn't hurt. E&j truck got tubed in temecula by Justin so did 1slowz71.. its like an hr an a half from here so like 5 for u.. lets Ger all that installed and get it tuned..
Old 02-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Launching!

I got my tune out of Canada, won't be going back none to soon, only I wasted more money than you , may take your approach, "send it back and say thanks for the paperweight, but I have enough of them"
Old 02-05-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

r1les, when are you dropping everything in ? i might just order my 230/230 that pat g specd our for me !
Old 02-06-2011, 02:03 AM
Staging Lane

I'm getting the cam in next week.I'll be ordering fans this weekened.Once I get those in I'll be fabricating the aluminum backing.Hopefully do it all at once.I was hoping to get a E-fan harness...but like I was complaining,I can't get a hold of them.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Like some others have said. As long as the previous tuner did not lock it. Give this guy a shot. He is a supporting vendor on the Corvette Forum and people rave about his tunes. He also tunes trucks, Camaro's, Cadillac's and virtually any GM product as well as automatic transmissions so they work the way they should. It is at least worth the phone call.

*Non-Sponsor Link Removed*

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Sorry that I had to edit your post bud, but you have to keep the non-sponsor info to PM's, especially since we have a few paying sponsors who offer tuning

Last edited by budhayes3; 02-09-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

I called 7 times in the past 2 days.Got 1 call back and it was a voicemail.I have a cam sitting in my closet waiting to go in!But if it's going to take who knows how long to get a ahold of them(which is supposed to be the easy part).Who knows when it'll come to receiving the tune.

I found out their tunes are locked.So I mau just have to eat the $300 bucks and get another.I can't put the truck on hold for who knows how long,just because of crappy customer service....
Old 02-10-2011, 01:18 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Post who the tuner is. Potential customers have the right to know how this person's business is run.

Quick Reply: Tuning over another Guys Tune??