Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

tuners via e-mail?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Leroy_454
This is good to hear. I think its long overdue. No more PCM swapping and having to stock up on cores. Its hard to find good tuners local in many areas, and I just havnt put much time into learning the entire tuning process. I would love to see respected tuners and sponsors jump on board if EFI live makes this available. I might even sell my Hptuners.
It's gona happen, they just need to finish the software side and testing of them. I think I heard they have something like 200 units built and ready, just no time to finish the software. GM keeps releasing new PCM's and OS's
Old 10-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have HP Tuners and have Nelson tune my truck. I didn't have enough guts to tune a brand new truck that I am still making payments on. I can say that Allen Nelson doesn't lock my tune after he modifies mine. I periodically send him logs, and he adjusts it accordingly. I have no problem getting modifications threw e-mail with Allen. However, sometimes he answers in two days and the longest was a week. Now when I first got the tune I had it within the next day. Don't bother calling the guy though, get all your questions written down in the e-mail along with your logs. Hope this helps.

Josh
Old 10-02-2008, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you search the HPT website I am sure you will find some excellent tuners there you could use. You would need to run a few 20 minute scan logs and then email them the data. They could analyze it, create a tune for you and email it back. You load the tune with your equipment wait a week run another log file and send to the tuner. The tuner could find tune any problem areas and send an updated tune for you to reflash. Problem solved, you keep the pcm and not waste any down time. HTH
Old 10-02-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is certainly worth owning the software and not tuning it yourself. Just because you bought it, don't mean you should be tuning with it. On the other hand owning a modded truck without it just makes no sense. Logging and being able to enter in tunes without sending the whole pcm out in the mail is a nice advantage.