Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

tuners via e-mail?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuners via e-mail?

Is there any tuners that can build and sell a tune that i can just put on myself with hp tuners or do they all require you to mail the pcm to them? I normally would do it myself but i need the truck asap and don't have the time.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

check with charlie wheatley.... he is a sponsor.. send him an email, and maybe he can work something out with you, great guy to do business with.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea. They usually will do email tuning if they originally tuned for you and now you can flash it yourself. But I'm sure they'd be willing to work out a email tune price. But isn't the point of having HPT to keep from paying someone else to do the tuning?
Old 09-27-2008, 07:10 PM
traveling mod

Originally Posted by gtosilverado
check with charlie wheatley.... he is a sponsor.. send him an email, and maybe he can work something out with you, great guy to do business with.
wheatley doesnt not... went down that road already with him.
off the top of my head i know blackbear,pcmforless do email tunes.i doubt nelson would do them either since he locks he stuff.anybody that locks there tunes prob wont do email tunes....
Old 09-27-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Go with a BlackBear tune from Justin. He has the most accurate mailorder tune you can possibly have, he doesn't lock his tunes like Nelson, Wheatley, and some others do so that way if you ever buy personal tuning software you don't have to get a new PCM, and his customer service is excellent. It is normal to be busy, but Nelson has had quite a few unhappy customers and Wheatley has been hard to reach from what others say.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Go with a BlackBear tune from Justin. He has the most accurate mailorder tune you can possibly have, he doesn't lock his tunes like Nelson, Wheatley, and some others do so that way if you ever buy personal tuning software you don't have to get a new PCM, and his customer service is excellent. It is normal to be busy, but Nelson has had quite a few unhappy customers and Wheatley has been hard to reach from what others say.

THATS A BIG 10-4 +1

John
Old 09-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by viciousknid
But isn't the point of having HPT to keep from paying someone else to do the tuning?
I know but i just built this new setup and i need the truck and i don't have any time right now.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Doesn't he use EFILive?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by t_thall
Doesn't he use EFILive?
LOL, that would be the kicker wouldn't it. That didn't even cross my mind, and yes he does use EFI Live.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:26 PM
traveling mod

Originally Posted by t_thall
Doesn't he use EFILive?
he does but if you change the hpt file to a .bin file he can make changes for you

Quick Reply: tuners via e-mail?