Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-19-2010, 12:29 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc
Why do you think its a waste of money? With intake and exhaust a moderate tune, staying off the throttle should definitely improve gas mileage and when on the throttle should increase performance.
He's talking about going with a handheld...not a tune. He will advocate a custom tune just like 98% of us on here will. We know what you get with a handheld vs what you get with a custom and not one person on here will agree or suggest a handheld for you.

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott

Hey *******...you owe me a new pair of shorts!
God that's hilarious!! At least this ricer has the common sense to put the wing in the right spot, but it's still just too funny to look at!!
Old 09-19-2010, 12:05 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go Nelson or Wheatley or Black Bear and be done with it, hand helds are overpriced junk.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Spoolin
He's talking about going with a handheld...not a tune. He will advocate a custom tune just like 98% of us on here will. We know what you get with a handheld vs what you get with a custom and not one person on here will agree or suggest a handheld for you.

Hey *******...you owe me a new pair of shorts!
God that's hilarious!! At least this ricer has the common sense to put the wing in the right spot, but it's still just too funny to look at!!

I am going with EFI Live AutoCal.

BTW, Chris Rado won FWD Unlimited class so bash all you want but that tC is putting down some serious power. Would I do the front or rear wings on these cars, heck no. I am just saying his is strictly track.
http://www.world-racing.com/vehicles.htm

http://www.scion.com/scionracing/drag/world/index.html

Chris Rado was the first FWD drag car in the 6’s with a 6.87@199.97 at the NHRA Full Throttle finals in Pomona, CA.

Last edited by toyota_scion_tc; 09-20-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:28 AM
GFYS and STFU

We're not bashing, we're laughing. There's a difference. This site is full of guys trying to make TRUCKS go fast. It'd be a little hypocritical if we laugh at others yet can't see the humor in what we do.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:31 AM

We're not bashing, we're laughing. There's a difference. This site is full of guys trying to make TRUCKS go fast. It'd be a little hypocritical if we laugh at others yet can't see the humor in what we do.
Oh, trust me I did laugh at the same time. I am getting frustrated with my car I'm on the fourth computer system and none of them out there have been worth a crap. I like being able to flash the factory ecu its a great thing! Wish I could with Toyota.

Oh BTW is this Steve?
Old 09-20-2010, 12:41 AM
GFYS and STFU

Nope, who's steve?
Old 09-20-2010, 01:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, who's steve?
steve?
Old 09-20-2010, 02:55 PM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc
Why do you think its a waste of money? With intake and exhaust a moderate tune, staying off the throttle should definitely improve gas mileage and when on the throttle should increase performance.
your wasting money on the hand held tuner. call up wheatley and get a custom tune for the same price of a handheld that isnt worth using as a paper weight.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:23 PM

I ordered a EFILive AutoCal. How many times can our ecu's be flashed before needing to replace the chip?

Quick Reply: Tuner?