Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Whistle Truck Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune

Any of you guys heard of a place called PCM For Less? pcmforless.com is the website... I had them tune my computer for the cam, gear, and converter swap, but I dont know if they knew everything they needed to know... The converter locks up way too soon, like at 20-25 mph, and the damn thing surges when I start it hot and sometimes even when I'm driving and stop at a stop light. Is this normal with a cam swap? I called the guy and asked him what the deal was and he said to just turn the throttle stop screw a little farther out cuz it was "looking for more air to maintain the idle"... Well I did this and it still surges. Do any of you guys with the Nelson tuned rides have any of these problems?
Old 02-17-2006, 07:41 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll tell you my thoughts,
It's got to be hard as hell tuning by mail. Tuning a fairly stock truck is ehh, but with a cam that much more difficult i would have to guess.
I gave up on the mail order tunes for the very same things you are having problems with now.
Not a knock on any of the mail order tuners they offer a great service but if you can have them do the tune on their dyno you will benifit greatly.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet your idle spark just need to be altered and also where it starts using that table could be lowered a bit. I transitioned my high octane table into my idle spark tables and its a perfect transition between the two. The park and drive idle tables are the same. It seems you just need a little more timing throughout the idle spark tables.

Chris