Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Troubleshooting Stalling when cold and running rich.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Troubleshooting Stalling when cold and running rich.

Hey guys, I know this is my first thread but I need some help with my 02 Chevy 2500 HD with the 8.1. So I bought my truck about 7 months ago and I've been working to fix all the little problems. When I got it there was a vacuum leak and it wanted to stall when starting off from a standing stop. I found that the throttle body gasket was leaking air from the IAC passage to the main bore. I replaced the gasket/cleaned up the throttle body and start-up idle/stalling when leaving from a standing stop problems vastly improved. When I took off the TB and gasket you could see carbon tracking where air was exchanging between the 2 passages. Fresh set of plugs, cleaned the Mass Air Flow Sensor, cleaned the K&N air filter and an induction service are the extent of my attempts to fix what lingers of the driveability issues. Right now it still wants to stall a little when you leave a standing stop and is running pig rich. Albeit I do not know how rich its running other than the reek of fuel when you go anywhere near the back end of the truck when its running. I got a power programmer *Predator tuner* to improve performance and to view computer data when its running but I honestly do not know what I should be looking for or what hints would point me in what direction. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you figure out what is going on with your truck? Im having similar issues..