Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

trouble code P0332 robbing power?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble code P0332 robbing power?

Would a trouble code P0332 knock response to low be robbing power?
Old 11-09-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

it could possibly make the pcm pull timing when it is not neccasary!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Yes it will it did on my truck anyway. You probably have water in the wells where the knock sensors are located. I replaced both knock sensors and their pig tails.

Last edited by Dirty Dave; 11-09-2006 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

I just got them in, and will be intalling them this weekend. Thanks for all the help
Old 11-09-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dirty Dave
Yes it will it did on my truck anyway. You probably have water in the wells where the knock sensors are located. I replaced both knock sensors and their pig tails.
About how long did it take you to do this? Iv been looking at an ses light (P0332) also for about 2 weeks now. Since you mentioned the power loss iv noticed something is just not right when i stomp the gas. I thought it might be the injectors but im kinda puttin 2 in 2 togethar on this one. The truck has over 100k on it and with all the muddin iv done in the past the possibility of water gettin mine doesnt surprise me one bit. Maybe im wrong but i swear it feels like its pullin time or somethin.

Yeh my bad i know i kinda halfway jacked your thread but no need for new one.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:09 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Dave
Yessir, I believe that there's a TSB in reference to this, it refers to replacing the sensors, sub-harness, and building a "dam" with RTV around where the sensors screw in to prevent further water intrusion. I'd recommend replacing the sub-harness/pigtails as Dirty Dave did, there's a good chance that the connectors/wiring is oxidized and corroded.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Yessir, I believe that there's a TSB in reference to this, it refers to replacing the sensors, sub-harness, and building a "dam" with RTV around where the sensors screw in to prevent further water intrusion. I'd recommend replacing the sub-harness/pigtails as Dirty Dave did, there's a good chance that the connectors/wiring is oxidized and corroded.
I understand everything your talking about but what the hell does TSB stand for?

I guess il just have to break down and buy 2 knock sensors and pigtails and have a full saturday planned for me. Damn i swear, whats the deal with the 100k mile mark? Iv had to replace more **** the past 3 months.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

TSB Technical service bulletin. Mine took about one hour and three beers to install. Usually do it in less time but had sts and nos stuff in the way and an audiance(sp?) hook on phonics worked for me.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

well it seems like youv pulled an intake before if it only took you an hour. I know i can do it iv just never done it before so i guess il just print off all the tech writeups and go at it. (This is what i do if iv never done something before just to get all the info i need) Anything in particular i may need to becareful or watch for.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

I have done a lot of them, worked at gm delership for 13 years. Now I work in an independent shop that does mostly driveabilty and heavy line work. Get you're intake gaskets from the dealer or fel pro. These trucks have problems with the intake gaskets leaking and the new designed gm gaskets are slightly thicker so they wont leak on cold start. The rubber seems to contract when it cools off. The fel-pro gaskets look like oem they may be the supplier but I don't know for sure. Torque the intake bolt to specs (96inbls?) in a cross pattern from the inside out. Pull the intake in one big chunk leave the fuel rails and throttle body on it. Disconnect the brake booster hose at the booster and take the coolant hoses loose at the throttle body. You just have to pull the intake to head bolts and unbolt the purge solenoid and its off. good luck!!

Last edited by Dirty Dave; 11-09-2006 at 11:20 PM.

Quick Reply: trouble code P0332 robbing power?