Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

trouble code P0135

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trouble code P0135

I keep getting a trouble code P0135
P0135 Oxy Sensor Heater Circ (bank1, Sensor 2)

Can anyone tell me which sensor this is.

I have had this same code before, and my mechanic told me it was the passenger side sensor before the cat. About 6 months later, check engine light is still on, and it seems to be the same problem. I can clear the codes and it comes back on within 20 minutes of driving.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well no offense but your mechanic is on crack. Bank 1 is the drivers side and sensor 2 is after the cat so he was *** backwards. all that sensor does is monitor catalyst efficiency so its not affecting the way the car runs.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

He got new equipment after the first go round, he was haing problems, maybe it was giving him wierd information then.

The truck has been running great, nice and strong, just that annoying check engine light.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah **** like that happens. like i said that sensor does nothing but monitor the drivers side catalytic converter, it has nothing to do with the actual tuning of the vehicle. Unless you have tuning software there's no real way to get rid of the check engine light without fixing the sensor that i know of.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

i do have a pair of rear O2 sensors that i have had laying around for a while now that might work on your truck if your interested. someone else will have to chime in about this but i think the sensors are the same for the 02s and 03s. not sure if they are really any good but i could try testing them in place of my fronts to see if they still work. PM me if your interested.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

$53 for a new sensor, no biggie, just needed to know which one to replace. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

anytime bud, that's what we're all here for. i'm actually surprised they were that cheap.

BTW, i have been toying with the idea of lowering my tahoe for a while now, how is the ride with your drop? do you have the factory air ride? can you PM me some pics of your truck if you have them?
Old 09-07-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

http://s332.photobucket.com/albums/m341/cttandy/yukon/

it didn't have the factory air ride.

It rides like absolute crap, if I had a chance to do it over again I would go with someone other them DJM. I soon plan on swapping out the rear coils for air bags, and then putting the stock LCA and shocks back on the front with drop spindles and drop keys.

I have tried several different shocks from DJM both front and rear. I have tried different sway bar links on the front end, shorter ones. The steering binds at a full turn. I have factory size tires and they rub wheel well on bumps.

I have trimmed the front bump stops, and completely removed the rear bump stops per a bulletin on the DJM site.

I tow alot, and I have to give them this, it tows like an absolute dream. It feels completely in control of whatever is behind it, simply amazing.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks. that's the honesty i wanted to hear. i stray away from anything over even a 2/4 because i love the stock ride. i drive about 100 miles a day, every day on the rough New England roads and it seems like any noticeable drop is not an option. it does however look awesome.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Addict

I am beginning to think the biggest down fall is the rear coil springs. They must not have the spring rate dialed in well. It is really stiff an beats you up bad. If you are towing a trailer, or alot of weight in the back, then it drives pretty nice. That is why I am going to airbags.

The front is just a little to stiff, I have permanent spine damage as well as my dad. It makes for pretty miserable family outings now.

Air ride technologies makes a rear air bag setup for $450. I think it should work pretty well with the DJM components. They have a front airbag setup as well, if your ready to dump $1200 for just the front. I personally have no need to be able to adjust the front.

Quick Reply: trouble code P0135