Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Torque Scan Tool for Android

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just hot mine in.the mail seems like so.manh options.any tips guys on what are the best tools .. there are literallt 60 plus things.to monitor .. and also.is this accurate for mpg
Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I mostly use mine for a scan tool. When in the main screen, hit the menu button. Then settings. Then scroll down to manage extra PIDs/sensor. Open that, hit add predefined. Add GM sensors for more things to play with.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Banned

Already too many things to play with
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m3srt
Just hot mine in.the mail seems like so.manh options.any tips guys on what are the best tools .. there are literallt 60 plus things.to monitor .. and also.is this accurate for mpg
You gotta figure out what is important to you and then monitor those parameters. I like to watch instant MPG, to help keep my foot out of it. Other things to watch that are related to that are engine load, throttle position and vacuum. Overall MPG will only be accurate if you calibrate it correctly for your engine and gas tank and when you refuel. Some people watch trans temp, water temp, speed vs RPM, etc.. You can look at a ton of things, as you have found out, it depends on what's important to you.

I'm still playing with mine, so I can't say that I've figured it all out yet. But I used to use a Scan Gauge II mounted to my steering column and I watched instant MPG, trip MPG, water temp (until I got up to temp) and trans temp. This is way more info than the scan gauge provided.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought the bluetooth adapter tonight for my DD. I've got an areoforce in my "performance" truck.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Banned

Ya this thing is sick from.what I see from the 20 minutes I have gotten to use it
Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Anyone using this app on a truck with HPT 2bar SD OS? I recently got it and a bluetooth ELM327 and it works fine on my Tahoe but I cannot get it to scan on my truck. Phone connects to the OBDII and I can tell Torque is communicating with it as all the lights start flashing when opened but when I go to Realtime Scan it gets stuck on "checking model..." and never starts scanning.

EDIT:
Nevermind, figured it out. There was a setting towards the bottom of the profile settings labled "use alternate OBD header" which needed to be unchecked.

Last edited by BigKID; 02-26-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

I just got in my Bluetooth adapter today off Amazon & started messing around with different senor readings but am confused by.....

Fuel Trim bank 1 sensor 1 & Fuel Trim bank 1 sensor 3 both read what I expect & constantly have minute fluctuations.

Whereas Fuel Trim bank 1 sensor 2 & Fuel Trim bank 1 sensor 4 are both locked in at 99.2% & never vary. Why? What are those? Are they ok? Bad/indications of something?

The engine isn't giving me any real problems of that high idle at start up until it hits operating temp that results in about 14mph at idle for a few minutes.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Best that I can figure out through multiple searches & not restricting searches to just GMs is that that fuel trim would be "perfect" at 100%, but is pretty much never gonna happen.

Love to have any additional info that anybody might have about this.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:38 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

No, Trims would be perfect at 0%. Trims are fueling corrections. If the engine calibration is 100% perfect, there would be no need for trims at all! The factory calibration is for a huge range of possible conditions, and thus, trims are necessary to make sure fueling is correct in all situations.

Quick Reply: Torque Scan Tool for Android