Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

TAC Module problem or question

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 05:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TAC Module problem or question

I recently purchased a ported and polished TB for my 07 Avalanche. And wanted to have it painted and removed the keepers and then the TAC Module. BUT when I did the white gear between the motor and the butterfly fell off. my question does the motor gear have to be in a certain position when reinstalling the gear or does it matter. I think mine move a little and having the same problem as one of the other members had. With the RPM's slowly going up with part throttle. If I have to reset the motor gear how would I do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
God Bless,
John Junkins
Old 03-12-2013, 06:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it will be fine. Did the motor move? If it didn't put the gear in, and it illl be in the same position it was at when you took it apart. Even if the motor did move, I think it will be fine. It should reset when you turn the key on.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It did move a little and was concern. But I think the motor run off voltage and wasn't sure if there was a position it had to be in.
God Bless,
John Junkins
Old 03-13-2013, 10:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't know if you have done it yet or not. But, from a mechanic stand point the pcm does not look at motor position but at the position of the internal tps sensors so as long as the throttle blades are closed when you are done you should be fine. When you turn the key on the pcm drives the blades to full closed then guess on the correct position for desired idle speed and sets it there and then begins adjusting from that point once the motor is running. If you have it off for some reason you should get tps correlation codes and you'll know where your problem is.