Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Should transmission line pressure be turned down?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colby 04
I want firm, but tolerable, shifts at part throttle and tire chirpin' shifts at WOT.......I don't want to rebuild every 15K.
I have all TM removed from my program from Allen. He doesn't tune that way unless you specify it as I did.
Either way, I had the tune since 2,300mi. I haven't had a single problem with the tranny as of yet. It shifts hard too. I can control the way it shifts by regulating the gas pedal between or before shifts so it doesn't shift that way all of the time. The more throttle you give it, the harder it shifts.
Though I also had him turn the line presure down a tad at WOT.
The tranny has worked flawlessly up to my current 22,500mi I have on it now.
Good Luck!

Jim
Old 02-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Need More N2O Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Colby 04
As I stated, I'm not a tuner....can you explain "force motor"?
well the force motor is what controls the line pressure.
you have two options with this.
one is in the tune. You will have to ask your tuner if he adjusted the line pressure. Tell him you are installing a shift kit and he should know what to do.

The other one is when you do the shift kit. there is a little screw on it that you turn 1/4 to up the line pressure. personally since you already have it in the tune i would skip this step in the kit. Thats just me.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:13 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
the bigger question is how he is turning the pressures down, with what tables. Dont let him do it with the force motor table
What other table for line pressure is there? I've played with the F.M. table for months and if there is another, I need to know. lol ...Please?
Old 02-17-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

if you're running a shift kit and want the firm shift you need to lower the shift timings. that alone will make for a much harsher shift. if the shift timings are still stock, every other mod to the trans will begin to soften with miles.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zippy
if you're running a shift kit and want the firm shift you need to lower the shift timings. that alone will make for a much harsher shift. if the shift timings are still stock, every other mod to the trans will begin to soften with miles.
Or set the shift timings to 0 to have the line pressures not be adjusted by the PCM at all. As I understand it, the shift timings are a desired value and the PCM will adjust the line pressure over time to achieve the targeted timing.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dc_justin
Or set the shift timings to 0 to have the line pressures not be adjusted by the PCM at all. As I understand it, the shift timings are a desired value and the PCM will adjust the line pressure over time to achieve the targeted timing.

you pretty much nailed that one.