Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Radix Tuning Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radix Tuning Help

Hey guys I have a 2007 Sierra Denali Classic that I am installing a Radix M112 supercharger in. The kit is intercooled and comes with everything, including a handheld programmer. I was told by Magnuson that when they send me the programmer they only take in consideration the tire size when they download their program into it. Other than that the program is designed for a stock truck. What I already have in my truck is a GT2-3 cam, ls6 springs, westers tune, corsa catback exhaust with electric cutouts, vette servos, and a volant CAI. When I install the supercharger and download the handheld radix program will it, will everything run fine or will I have to do additional tuning? Also, should I put my PCM back to stock using a Tech II before I install it?

Thanks Steve
Old 07-16-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

the cam and everything else you have is exactly what i would run. as far as the tune coming from magnacharger i wouldnt run it with all that extra stuff. you will either need to get a retune from westers or someone else. i would highly recommend dc_justin. i know he has many, many radix tunes under his belt.

have fun! you should have a heck of a lot of fun with that powerplant, mine is very similar
Old 07-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Teching In

How long do u think I can get away with the magnacharger tune before getting a custom tune?
Old 07-17-2008, 01:15 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blkdnli
How long do u think I can get away with the magnacharger tune before getting a custom tune?
Like I said when we chatted on the phone

You should use the tune from us as a baseline to get the vehicle running. I would get a DYNO TUNE IN PERSON as soon as possible. Not trying to take anything away from the mail order tune guys, but you REALLY need to get the work done in person when you are running boost.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:11 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Like I said when we chatted on the phone

You should use the tune from us as a baseline to get the vehicle running. I would get a DYNO TUNE IN PERSON as soon as possible. Not trying to take anything away from the mail order tune guys, but you REALLY need to get the work done in person when you are running boost.
Don't you just hate that? Call a company and ask questions and then come on to a forum and ask again and the same fugger you talked to on the phone comments in your thread!

I agree with "in person" tuning. Can't replace it. BTW, dc_justin does cable tuning thru the mail as well.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys I really appreciate your help. I cant wait to see what ill be running in the 1/4 mile.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

what they said.....it will run, but i wouldnt run it too hard. get a good mail order, or if possible a live tune.