Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

please need help with syclone dont know what else to do!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please need help with syclone dont know what else to do!

hey guys like the title says i am stumped. i have a syclone and i replaced all vacuume hose,deleted the egr and solenoid, new upper plenum gasket,throttle body gasket,new accufab fuel pressure regulator, deleted the cruise control, new distributor, spark plug wires and new idle air control valve, new coil and 160 thermostat.

having mentioned that the truck starts right up better than before,heats up fine, fuel pressure is where its supposed to be, i have a scanmaster on it and its not throwing me any mal codes, tps is working fine and so is the iac.

as soon as it gets up to its running temp the truck stuggles to idle and eventually sputters and shuts off. i have to give a little gas for it to stay on. as soon as it goes back to idle it sputters and dies. when i give it a little gas it seems to run fine with a little sputter once in a while

can it be that its one tooth off on timing?? can the timing just be completely off. the scanmaster is showing a spark advance of 24.2 when its trying to idle.. i checked for vacuum leaks and nothing.

please someone help me out i would greatly appreciate it , im kinda desperate and dont know what else it can be. thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Does this use a MAP sensor for in coming air???

What about the 02 Sensor???

How is your AFR when it runs bad???

Have you checked the Cat converter to see if its clogged???
Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If its iac motor it would idle up and down. If you have a vacuum leak you can spray brake cleaner if it revs up you found the leak.o2 sensors would only make run like crap.maybe the time from the timing to the distributor not right?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
Does this use a MAP sensor for in coming air???

What about the 02 Sensor???

How is your AFR when it runs bad???

Have you checked the Cat converter to see if its clogged???
everything that you mentioned is reading out perfect thats the first things i checked with the scanmaster and they were all working fine. the afr at full boost is at around 10.5-11 and at idle its always at 13.7-14.7. usually the computer on the sy tries to keep the afr at 14.7 for emissions reasons i guess.

i have no cat i have 3inch piping with a magnaflow i took that ugly thing out along time ago. and surprisingly its never over boosted wich is common in these things
Old 01-25-2013, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 06murder
If its iac motor it would idle up and down. If you have a vacuum leak you can spray brake cleaner if it revs up you found the leak.o2 sensors would only make run like crap.maybe the time from the timing to the distributor not right?
yeah it was none of those things but after 2 days of my friends and my dad brainstorming and rechecking everything it was the timing lol. it wasnt a tooth off or anything it was just way advanced. so i put it back to 0 and and adjusted the idle screw and its running like a champ.

thanks for the help guys
Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha.. wow.. its always the little things that gets ya!

Glad you got it figured out!

Whats all done to the truck? Those things are cool!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Ha.. wow.. its always the little things that gets ya!

Glad you got it figured out!

Whats all done to the truck? Those things are cool!

Yeah it never fails lol. Thanx, you learn something new with that truck everyday lol.

It's pretty much about stock I just have full 3 exhaust from the downpipe back, cai using the stock pipe for now, re-routed the intercooler lines and took out those metal tubes that heat soke and switched them to rubber hoses, Taylor wires, new distributor cap and rotor , blaster coil,,egr delete fpr,and some new pulleys and a Taurus fan tomorrow
Old 01-25-2013, 04:21 PM

And accufab fpr. Gonna take it to the track on Wensday night and see if I can mind **** those Honda kids lol
Old 01-27-2013, 06:16 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by diaz1086
And accufab fpr. Gonna take it to the track on Wensday night and see if I can mind **** those Honda kids lol
Haha!

In for results , and pics ! How much boost does she run ?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Pics and results?

Quick Reply: please need help with syclone dont know what else to do!